586,009 active members*
4,878 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Index GFG250 - C200 - back to life? - Doesn't show image in the screen

Index GFG250 - C200 - back to life? - Doesn't show image in the screen

Hello,
    I have a Index GFG 250 lathe that can work with rotative tools, with control C200 (I've read in a manual that is a Sinumerik 3T C200).
    This machine was turned off for several years, so it lost the parameters.

-I want to put the parameters in this machine but when I turned on the machine the screen was half black and half with pink and blue traces - no numbers or letters (the screen colors are pink and blue).
    Then I turned the machine off and power again and the screen showed image (show an error messages that the batteries were died - It was bound to happen!).

- After this time the screen never show image again, so I took the screen to a tv repair shop and the men said the screen was fully working. Actually the screen is from 97, is a color screen, and have a VGA connection which we connect to a desktop and It show image, so I can confirm the screen was working (or trough the VGA connection was working).

- I've mounted the screen, and it doesn't show image, but now it show some white traces! not colored anymore! I've turned the control knobs to get stability (as the repair men said ) but there is no image.

Attachment 219810

Now I considering to connect the screen to the graphic card by the three RGB plugs, and check if there is image.

Anyone can tel me if there is a way to test the graphics card? How can I know if the problem is from the graphics card or before the graphics card?
    (I what is before? the processor..?)

I haven't changed the battery yet, is it possible the battery is breaking the circuit and causing the problem?

Anything would help! Thank you in advance!

I'm a recent graduate in mechanical engineering and electronics don't sound easy to me! But I'm trying to get a bit into this, before some technician rip me off!

Attachment 219818
    Attachment 219820

Re: Index GFG250 - C200 - back to life? - Doesn't show image in the screen

I know this is a year later but my response might help others.

Switch machine main on,
    Simultaneously press and hold the MAIN Menu button ( // top left under screen) and the first soft keys under the screen
    With the keys pressed, then press the NC ON key (NC l) 2s61 on my machine; this clears the entire memory area of the control panel.

The CRT is cleared and the following should appear:

NO SYSTEM DATA AVAILABLE
    PERFORM COMMISSIONING

now the part that is buried in the documents type SYSDAT and wait if nothing happens you might have to hit input (right arrow entering a diamond)

You should now see the control panel data.

These instructions are for my GE65 running a C200 3TT

Re: Index GFG250 - C200 - back to life? - Doesn't show image in the screen

Simultaneously press and hold the MAIN Menu button ( // top left under screen) and the first soft keys under the screen

should be:

Simultaneously press and hold the MAIN Menu button ( // top left under screen) and the first 3 soft keys under the screen