584,802 active members*
4,742 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Identifying Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 4 Spindle Motor

Identifying Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 4 Spindle Motor

I'm hoping somone might be able to shed some light on this. I really need to know the specs of this motor yet so far i've had no luck.

The motor is squareish in shape, built into the casting of the machine and painted bright yellow. I cant see any serial numbers, spec plate or any other type of identifying information on it.

Any suggestions ?
    Dom
    http://www.ukrobotics.com/projects

All interact spindle motors were rectangular (squarish) in shape. How old is your machine?
    The original Interact 4s had Contraves spindle drives. The later ones had KTK.
    Somewhere I remember reading that some of these motors came from Italy.
    From a old maintenance manual, the contraves drive used a Contraves GF-112M10BF9 spindle motor (DC), part 21551211, and armature brushes were part 21551261, tach brushes were 21550345, tach assy 21551234.
    From my KTK notes, the spindle motor was a 6P4QXX with the XX denoting the KW rating of the motor, part 21551235, armature brushes 21551259, tach brushes 21551260, tach assy 21551257.
    The changeover happened (in theory) in Sept of 1987.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

It is indeed a contraves drive. The mill is approx 20 years old; new in 1985. What I really need to know is what type of motor it is, if its ac or dc, how many phases, how many volts, amps and ideally some sort of pinout/wiring diagram.
    Dom
    http://www.ukrobotics.com/projects