584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Commercial Laser > LOGILASE Laser > emails asking about these drawing boards and john walsh software

emails asking about these drawing boards and john walsh software

I have received a bunch of emails for and against using these drawing boards and rollups to trace projects to produce*.dxf files for engraving cutting or machining. I have tried every method cad, scan, free hand etc all boils down to maybe a lot of editing. But when it comes to the old fashioned (not that far back) grid pattern in a magazine now that's hard to scan without a lot of edit work to remove the grid .So every tool has its purpose and the drawing board with the pen and john walsh's draw software makes this easy and accurate ,as accurate as you wish to make it. This is an example of a grid diagram that I drew out changed the size and cut it on the laser ,used cardboard but I could have used mahogany plywood .see if you will agree that this is easy and has its place in the cnc helper tools .............................

an old 1936 diagram of a corner shelf - YouTube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shelf2.jpg   shelf3.jpg   shelf4.jpg  

This is very interesting.
    Thank you for sharing.

It is I find it very rewarding because some diagrams that one would like to machine out are next to impossible.
    I am hoping the owner of this software it going to push towards 3D in the future,that would interest me more