585,930 active members*
3,730 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi Meldas 300-V

So I am trying to hook up a Meldas 300-V to my laptop to run it with Mill9

I have a db25 cable out of the cnc machine into my parallel port. but I can't seem to be able to connect to it. I am pretty familiar with computers but very unfamiliar with cnc hook ups

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Thats your first problem, using the Parallel port, The transmission uses RS232-c Serial port, go to the Cadem.com site and the cable config, and parameters are there.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

ok so I need to get a RS232-c Serial port to parallel converter?

excuse me if I am misunderstanding.
    thanks

The serial port on a PC was originally 25pin, now it is 9 pin D, CNC machines traditionally have kept the 25 pin so you need a 25 to 9 pin cable or use gender changer.
    I would recommend that you use the 3 wire cable with handshake jumpered out, the pin-out is here or several places on the web, including a good one on the previous link I mentioned.
    Google RS232 to get an idea what the protocol is.
    If you run into further problems after getting the right cable, pose your questions here.
    If you need a communication program there is also one on the link. Do not use Win. Hyperterminal, make sure the Transmission setting are the same for both ends and use software handshaking.
    I just though of something, if you have a modern laptop you may not have a 9 pin serial port, only usb, in that case you may have to get a usb to RS232 converter and hope it works.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

HELP!!!! 1996 LEADWELL MELDAS CONTROL PROBLEMS SENDING.PROGRAMS FROM PC TO CNC

HI I PURCHASED.A 1996 LEADWELL WITH A MELDAS 300 CONTROL I'M USING FEATURE. CAM 2012 AND EZ-DNC TO SEND BUT I CAN'T SEND PROGRAMS FROM PC TO CNC CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WHEN I SEND THE PROGRAM AND TRY TO RECIEVE IT ON CNC IT ALARMS OUT PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL ME
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Jose,
    The good news is that you received an alarm at the controller. This means the cable and the software are working. You probably need to verify the parameters at the CNC and match at the PC.

Also, try sending a file from the control, a short, 10 line program and then try returning the same program back to the control. This will also help verify you have a valid NC program in the proper format.

More help, give me a call.
    Greg Mercurio -Shop Floor Automations
    www.shopfloorautomations.com /619-461-4000

Re: HELP!!!! 1996 LEADWELL MELDAS CONTROL PROBLEMS SENDING.PROGRAMS FROM PC TO CNC

CAN I HAVE A PARAMETER OF MELDAS 300-320? PLEASE
    [email protected]
    this is my gmail