584,860 active members*
5,317 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Load back Ladder backup with .#EX file extension in Fanuc 16M

Load back Ladder backup with .#EX file extension in Fanuc 16M

Hi guys,

Anyone knows how to load back a ladder backup with .#EX (backup sent by the OEM) file extension on a Fanuc 16MA? (the PMC is on RAM memory, had corrupt memory so this is why I have to load everything back and for some reason it seems ladder was not on an eprom or flash rom card)

Or if anybody can convert my backup into a PMC backup I could load back in my control that'd be awesome too. Or any procedure to load back this particular .#EX file back into my control.

Thanks!

Edit: So far I managed to convert ROM format file to Memory Card format file, and Memory Card format file to PROGRAMMER. I can see the title as well as the symbol & comment, the message and the I/O module config, I can't yet see the ladder diagram.

Edit: Ok I can see my ladder, have to type in the name of level1 and level2. I was told by Fanuc I need to compile it into a ".S" format in order to load it via RS232 to my RAM memory. Anyone got the procedure for that?

Also compiled the file into a mnemonic text file, don't know if it can be uploaded from this format?
    Thanks.

I would ask the OEM to burn the ladder to EPROM and then you won't lose your ladder. It will plug onto the main board.

hi friend
    i can convert fanuc 16ma pmc, eprom format file to ladder format file .
    and convert ladder format file to eprom format file .
    my email: [email protected]

I managed to convert #EX to memory file using dosbox 0.74 and fapt ladder II, then import it on fapt ladder III
    (note: This is because dosbox is not very proficient with port communication, also tried also with a virtual drive with MS-DOS 6.22 but fapt ladder II has weird characters appearing when operating, might be able to transfer to PMC directly from fapt ladder II too though).

I'm waiting for a RS-232C cable I will be receiving on Monday, I'll tell you how it goes and if all works I'll post all the instructions in this thread
    (note: I ordered another cable because it's currently connected to a special multiport RS232 with a special card in the computer to communicate).

Cheers all.

Fanuc 16A does not have a pc-card slot; only the later controls (B, C, iA) did. The 16A ladder is on a eprom module. So, what is your control?
    Look at the SYSTEM CONFIG slot 00 and let me know what you see.
    slot 00 XXYY: 40.
    YY = 3E 16A
    YY = 60 18A
    YY = 90, 9C, A7, B0, B2, B7 16B
    YY = AD, AE 18B
    YY = B9, BA 16C
    YY = BD 18C

My control is a 16MA and I have PMC-RB3 ladder type.
    slot 00
    013E:40 Series B005 Version 0019
    slot 02
    1050:50

Thanks.

Then you have no way to load the ladder back in, (no pc-card slot), unless that control has some kind of ladder editing module, and the file is loaded through the serial port.
    Never heard of that.

Actually there is something called Ladder Online Editor inside the control, don't exactly know how editing is done with it.

Also please note that I happen not to have the PMC parameters backup for this control, although from what I was told by Fanuc this is not the cause of ER22 Program Nothing PMC alarm message. Would you happen to know if I could retrieve those PMC parameters into an uploadable PMC param file directly from FAPT Ladder III?

Thanks.

Fapt ladder III can import from a memory card format, however if the ladder is password protected it will not import without the password.

It is not password protected, so I managed to import the ladder from the memory card format file (that I had converted from the #EX file in Fapt II) into Fapt ladder III.
    I decompiled it and saved it in Fapt ladder III LAD format. Both FAPT ladder II and FAPT ladder III accept the PMC-RB3 ladder format.
    Thanks.

I still don't understand how you are going to get the ladder into in the control, except through the serial port.
    To output PMC params:
    3. INPUT AND OUTPUT OF DATA
    B-61805E/04
    Outputting PMC Parameters
    1 Select MDI mode.
    2 Press OFFSET/SETTINGS key then soft key [SETTING] to select a setting screen.
    3 Set the cursor to PARAMETER WRITE and input 1 and INPUT. At this time, alarm 100 will be generated.
    4 Press SYSTEM key and soft key [PMC].
    5 Press soft key [PMCPRM] and soft key [KEEPRL]
    6 Set the cursor to K17 and set bit#1 to 1. Thus, data input/output screen has been selected.
    7 Select EDIT mode.
    8 Press soft key (<l ] then key[ E> ].
    9 Press soft key [I/O] and set the parameters on I/O. Item selection cursor moves to the following item after data of an item is set.
    10 In CHANNEL NO item, input 1 to select I/O channel 1.
    11 In DEVICE item, press soft key [FDCAS] to select the floppy cassette.
    12 In KIND DATA item, press soft key [PARAM].
    13 In FUNCTION item, press soft key [WRITE].
    14 In FILE No item, specify a file name. In this example input as follows:
    15 Press soft key [EXEC]. Then PMC parameters are started to be output.
    16 After the PMC parameters have been output, set PARAMETER WRITE to 0.
    17 Press RESET to release alarm 100.

Ok the ladder transfering worked (through my PC's COM port), I'm gonna post later all the steps that need to be followed.

Cheers all.

Alright so it is pretty straightforward:
    Make sure Fapt ladder III is running on XP 32 bit.
    Select File, New Program, then type a name and select PMC type (mine was SB3 for this particular case).\
    Select File, Rom Format File, click next, browse the .#EX file and finish.
    It will decompile, give priority to memory card.
    Select Tool, compile, exec.
    File, save, OK.
    Make sure RS-232C is ready for communication between PC and NC's RS-232C port.
    Make sure in your NC that programmer mode is enabled in <SYSTEM>, [PMC], [PMCPRM], [SETTINGS] (set Programmer mode to 1).
    In NC <SYSTEM>, select [PMC], [RIGHT MENU KEY], [I/O], down button, [HOST], [EXEC].
    Select tool, store to PMC, select I/O by I/O key operation, next, Store to PMC, next, next, next, finish.
    A message will pop up once all is completed and on the NC screen you will see the message COMPLETE.

Cheers.