585,573 active members*
3,475 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Mach3 Postprocessor problems

Mach3 Postprocessor problems

Hello Everyone,

I've recently purchased DolphinCAD-CAM for my home 3-axis CNC router, and I've been having some problems getting Mach3 to read the output G-code from Dolphin's suggested M_MACH3.ppr they provide.

I've run successful area-clear commands with the M_MACH3.ppr, but I had to switch to the M_MACH3_IJInc_23nov2013.ppr (that they also provide) in order to run successful contouring operations.

Now I'm attempting to run a file that has peck-drilling, contouring, and area-clear operations with the same M_MACH3_IJInc_23nov2013.ppr but my MACH3 software is having problems reading it output specifically for the peck-drilling operations.

So, I've tested all the .ppr that DolphinCAD-CAM provides and none of them output g-code that my Mach3 software is able to read successfully. I'm out of options...:drowning:

I've provided the files below; hopefully one of you guys can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Maybe your Mach3 settings need changed from IJ Mode to be absolute on the Mach3 config page? Can Mach3 read it at all? .txt file?

I just changed it and loaded the file once again onto Mach3. I can see the G-code in the window, but the cutpaths are not in the table display, as before. It seems silly that it wont read a drilling operation but it will read contrours and area-clears.

Hello,

The problem was with the line G80X....Y....Z....

MACH used to allow a value on the same line as G80. I have changed the post so that the G80 is not on the same line as axis moves.

I have attached 2 new posts - incremental and absolute that I have tested on your job and both work with Mach3.

Here is how to import the posts.

IMPORTING POSTS
    Having received a new or modified post-processor you will need to import it the system, to do this double click the PartMaster Post Processor icon from your desktop, from the top toolbar choose Import and browse to the folder where the modified post processor was saved. When the file has been imported you will see the contents in the display area, next choose Compile from the top toolbar to create the .ppx file.
    The new post-processor is now ready for use. Close the post-processor by using File > Exit.
    When you next run DCAM or DWES the post processor will appear in the drop down list along with all original posts.

ATB
    Andre
    Attached Files Attached Files

Adre,

Thank you for the file, I imported it and it works well.

I appreciate your time and help.

Carlos