584,800 active members*
4,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help Building a Product

I have a product idea along with investors willing to put some time and money into this project.

The only problem is that I need help building the mechanism and making a prototype.

Is there anyone on the board who can help me with this or guide me to a source?

Thank you so much.

where are you at and what do you need.
    Dar
    [email protected]

locate a confidentiality agreement online, when dealing with companies & precise details. It sounds dumb but it protects you. Please DONT take offense, but take it slow and dont think about investors quite yet. Your invention should be a passion, not just a product. Take your time to understand the function of whatever it is you intend to build step by step. BEWARE: it may wake you in the middle of the night.... :tired: :tired:

Dar, I will send you an email.

Leberen, thanks for the advice. I do have a confidentiality agreement. I have tried this before but not quite with this type of product. I sincerely appreciate your help.

Does anyone else know of an engineer or company that will build a concept that I have?

Is the product mechanical ? Electronic ? Both ?
    on a 1 - 10 scale of complexity with 1 being the simplest, what would you rate the product ?

I have designed, prototyped, manufactured, marketed and sold products from simple injection molded toys to household gadgets to automation equipment to medical and military equipment.

My location is Dallas Texas. I am a mfg consultant and have close ties with partners in all phases of contract manufacturing, machining, sheetmetal and all supporting services from the smallest of shops to the largest in this part of the country. No job too big, no job too small.
    If you think I can help let me know.

..JW

Quote Originally Posted by jxdxwx
    Is the product mechanical ? Electronic ? Both ?
    on a 1 - 10 scale of complexity with 1 being the simplest, what would you rate the product ?

I have designed, prototyped, manufactured, marketed and sold products from simple injection molded toys to household gadgets to automation equipment to medical and military equipment.

My location is Dallas Texas. I am a mfg consultant and have close ties with partners in all phases of contract manufacturing, machining, sheetmetal and all supporting services from the smallest of shops to the largest in this part of the country. No job too big, no job too small.
    If you think I can help let me know.

..JW

Hi JW...
    Thanks for your response. Can I have your email your email address and phone number so that my partner and I can contact you?

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks again,
    Sam

Emailed you.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderfolife
    Hi JW...
    Thanks for your response. Can I have your email your email address and phone number so that my partner and I can contact you?

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks again,
    Sam

Sam,
    I sent an email to [email protected].

Let me know if you did not get it.
    [email protected]

Is there anyone in or near Southern California?

I am in Southern California. I can do small mill and lathe work, 3D CAD design, rendering, animation, web design, and welding. Send me a private message on this forum with some details.

Quote Originally Posted by sanddrag
    I am in Southern California. I can do small mill and lathe work, 3D CAD design, rendering, animation, web design, and welding. Send me a private message on this forum with some details.

Hey Sanddrag,
    Can you forward me your email address and phone number to: [email protected] ?

Thanks!
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Dar
    where are you at and what do you need.
    Dar
    [email protected]
    he simply need money or what?

Sanjiv, I think boarder could have been a little more specific re his request without giving away too much information. I have no problem telling people about my design and where I want to go with it, while I dont give away specifics. I beleive Dar was simply annoyed by the fact that there was nowhere to go or if his skills could fit the design intent (commercial, novelty, musical) or more specifically a screwdriver, extra large shot glass, or trombone....

if you need something built or machined you need to give a little explanation so we can guess if we have machines and capability to handle job.
    my email is [email protected]
    Dar

i m sory, i should not be so harsh

i have a small workshop at my hoime in india. i also can help to make your idea to reality. your idea will be kept secrate as it it is yours
    sanjiv

I would love to help you build your product! I have a lot of experience in developing websites for business from scratch. I've worked with companies like https://uxplanet.org/top-user-experi...s-3696f3daed4e If you're interested, I'm waiting for your message.

There's a much better list of design agencies https://uxplanet.org/top-ui-ux-desig...ms-8c54697e290