585,762 active members*
4,490 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

IndustrialCNC.com

Hi
    Has anybody got a router from IndustrialCNC.com? They have good reviews on their website but I would like some independent reviews. I am thinking of purchasing but would like to be sure before I spend $20,000. Also I am situated in Ireland so does anybody have any experience of their tech support?

Thank you,

I saw a Craftsman 510 table recently. It had four cheap CW250 stepper drivers (http://www.mpja.com/download/17452ms.pdf). One each for X and Z, two for Y. The table is 5' X 10' and looks pretty good. It had a 3hp Chinese spindle. Motors were NEMA 34, with the Z motor being lower torque and the X, Y motors being 86BYGH450b 800 oz/in (hi torque).

With motors that big you'd think this machine could cut about anything until you realize that all axes except Z has a plastic intermediary gear. Metal gear on the motors, metal gear mating to the racks, and a large plastic gear in between. I never saw it cut anything but you've got to wonder what anyone would be thinking to put a plastic gear on a CNC drive system. Especially against 800 oz/in motors. Seems like if you really torqued on it, you'd have plastic teeth flying everywhere.
    From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!