585,991 active members*
5,740 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > 4020 1985 CNC88 "Stops In Motion"

4020 1985 CNC88 "Stops In Motion"

Was doing some Engraving and the machine stop's and the program goes back to the beginning.. I re cold started the machine.. Made the program smaller, and still haing the same problemm .. All other functions seem to be fine..

Chips

So I go back and run a previous program and the machine runs fine.. Does all tool changes and no sigs of any activity.. Is it just a fact that the old controls dont like big programs that are associated with text engraving??

All the fans and everything seem to be working.. Is this a sign of the Vector Drive going out or can I enjoy my weekend??

Chips

Sounds to me if your drip feeding the machine that you dont have your pc set on "hardware", "X O on off"

Thanks for the reply.. I wish I was drip feeding!!!, but im not.. Any other conciderations?

Sometimes we are our worst enemies.. I ran a previous engraving program that is "BIG" at least for this machine .. It ran fine.. I wish I had a newer control so that I could do a "GA" on the simulation and prove before I ran.. It is looking as though the fault is in the program..

Chips.. (nuts)

did you check to make sure you didnt somehow get an M30 in there?

Try renumbering your program. It's possible there's a bogus N word on one line. Renumbering should correct that.

As already said, renumbering helps. Renumbering with an increment of 1 will make the program a bit smaller too.

Did you go to the command line and enter "SUM" ? That should point you in the right direction.