585,733 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > sainsmart 6560 3 axis holding current

sainsmart 6560 3 axis holding current

I just purchased this sainsmart 3 axis cnc control board from amazon. I followed the directions for setup (since it came with no documentation i had to resort to youtube and google to find the relevent information), However i have no movement or holding current on my x axis. my y and z axis both work fine, i have tested my lpt1 port and determined that i do indeed have 5 volt logic. as that was suggested in another thread. all my axis have the same dip settings (althought that shouldn't effect the motor at a stall.

im not too worried about the mach 3 side of things because even when i purposefully set up the y or z axis wrong they still hold there place. so it shouldn't be a setting error but to be sure ive tried powering up the board without the pc connected to see if the holding current would stay but sadly all motors go inactive.

so since i know that the motor isn't activating this leads me to believe that it has to be an Opto coupler or the toshiba stepper driver chip. has anyone else experienced this particular problem? im not sure which of the optocouplers are connected to the x axis and i dont want to venture forth completly blind. does anyone know which opto couplers i should test ( and maybe a good way to test them).

well im all out of ideas im hoping that someone else has had and overcome this problem before
    any help would be appreciated\
    Nicholai

***update***
    i discovered that i can activate and drive the x axis if i short out one of the output sides of one specific optocoupler. tonight after i get home from work i will update again with a photo of the forsaken part, and hopefully a work around for this.

Chances are good that the opto that you were working with was for the X axis "enable" signal.