Tormach Streamliner.

First post, ever.

As a JFF (just for fun) operator of PCNC 1100 I certainly don’t generate the mountains of chips I see the more proficient operators create. Even so I found the clean up a bit of a chore, to streamline the process I decided to enclose the base.
Used 2.5mm aluminium, and whilst having a CNC plasma cutter made the job easy, it wasn’t really necessary. Slots in the edge where meant to allow drainage, but were not really needed, the Tormach panels have enough “character” to allow a gap between them for coolant drainage. The slots do trap chips that damage your squeegee, I would leave them out.
Clean up time has been greatly reduced. A real side benefit has been that the drain basket remains almost chip free. It was intended to put some type of coarse filter medium between the new panels edge and the base. As a temporary measure I laid cloth/paper type disposable towels over the joint and they work extremely well. Keeps chips out of base, sort of filters the fluid and any way oil that drips onto panels seems to soak into towels. The towels get wet of course and next time you use machine they are dry, so that coolant has evaporated, small price to pay. Every so often towels get chucked out.
Panels have been in use for 6 months and have not noticed any rust or corrosion under them.

Panels don’t rattle.
I’m sure X stepper power lead feels more comfortable.
I have Series 3 with tapered sides to base of machine.

Greg