585,729 active members*
4,832 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Looking to purchase a 6090 machine from China.

Looking to purchase a 6090 machine from China.

Looking to purchase a 600 x 900 desktop machine from China please. Will need to cut g10/CF/aluminum. Anybody have any reviews on what's available from there or manufacture recommendations?

thanks,

Shawn
    [email protected]

Re: Looking to purchase a 6090 machine from China.

Hello Shawn,
    Seven from China,
    We have the kind of machine you need.
    Have you got one?
    Cheers,
    Seven

Quote Originally Posted by shawnrw View Post
    Looking to purchase a 600 x 900 desktop machine from China please. Will need to cut g10/CF/aluminum. Anybody have any reviews on what's available from there or manufacture recommendations?

thanks,

Shawn
    [email protected]

Hi,Shawn,

We can offer the cnc router.If you have any demands,please feel free to email me. my name is Jenny,email is [email protected] , [email protected] . my website is Quality laser cutting machine & wood cnc router Manufacturer .

Did you end up getting a 6090 machine from China? I am going to be new at this whole CNC thing (except for outsourcing stuff and going to watch the whole process) and I'm in the midst of trying to decide which supplier to use myself. I have tried to educate myself through this forum and other sources. Very hard to decide with such mixed reviews of a lot of companies. I have started to lean towards AccTek. They have been quite professional so far and I read about their great after-sales services, which is great.

It seems to me that for example the AccTek 6090 is the same as their 6040, just with a smaller table size. The AccTek 6090's don't seem to have either of the notorious "black box" or "blue box" that has been talked about in the 6040 topic. Are the 6090's usually the same as the 6040's but just with a larger y-axis, or do they have some other upgrades?

The AccTek 6090 has a XHC MKX-IV Mach 3 motion card. I wonder if that is any better than the notorious YOOCNC controllers. To be honest, I am not even sure if the motion card is the same thing as a controller

To whichever 6090 I end up ordering, I have a feeling that it is recommendable to switch the cables for some shielded cables (going to be a pain in the ass, not much of an electrician), ground everything, check all the screws for tightness & change the water pump to a less noisy one. I wonder if it will be necessary to upgrade to a g540+power supply

Anyways, the decision is tough.

AccTek
    XYZ-tech
    Omni
    the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by lankku View Post
    Did you end up getting a 6090 machine from China? I am going to be new at this whole CNC thing (except for outsourcing stuff and going to watch the whole process) and I'm in the midst of trying to decide which supplier to use myself. I have tried to educate myself through this forum and other sources. Very hard to decide with such mixed reviews of a lot of companies. I have started to lean towards AccTek. They have been quite professional so far and I read about their great after-sales services, which is great.

It seems to me that for example the AccTek 6090 is the same as their 6040, just with a smaller table size. The AccTek 6090's don't seem to have either of the notorious "black box" or "blue box" that has been talked about in the 6040 topic. Are the 6090's usually the same as the 6040's but just with a larger y-axis, or do they have some other upgrades?

The AccTek 6090 has a XHC MKX-IV Mach 3 motion card. I wonder if that is any better than the notorious YOOCNC controllers. To be honest, I am not even sure if the motion card is the same thing as a controller

To whichever 6090 I end up ordering, I have a feeling that it is recommendable to switch the cables for some shielded cables (going to be a pain in the ass, not much of an electrician), ground everything, check all the screws for tightness & change the water pump to a less noisy one. I wonder if it will be necessary to upgrade to a g540+power supply

Anyways, the decision is tough.

AccTek
    XYZ-tech
    Omni
    the list goes on...
    Hello Lankku

When you choose, put effort on frame stiffness.
    Get:
    -Proper linear bearings, Supported bar is minimum. Some 6090 are with unsupported Y bars...
    -Proper ball screws

Avoid:
    -"Unsupported bar" type, flex is large when aspect ratio for bar diameter and length gets over 15.

6040 and 6090 are size of table --> 60cmx40cm and 60x90cm
    6090 is far more heavier than 6040. Mine 6090 is with cast iron frame etc and weights ~ 200kg.

Electronics are cheaper and easy to replace if you run into troubles, though troubleshooting is also pain there. Flimsy frame and you are stuck with chatter to low material removal rate and soft materials.
    Also machining is quite expensive to outsource if you cannot modify frame yourselves.

my 1st router was Openbuilds OX. I had 1st PC based controller, bu I get really fast annoyed due chips were all over my laptop.
    --> I ended up building Raspberry-alamode-Grbl standalone system with industrial drivers. Which did work like charm, but its only most basic functions.
    Issue was that even I EG all columns, still I was stuck with low speed in aluminum. Well all machine weight like 50kg, so no wonder.. But it was good lesson to learn.

Now I have DSP system and its also very affordable. So why to struggle with Mach and poor controller box. Its only DSP + motor Drivers + power sources and spindle driver what you need. Most likely you can reuse some existing parts, at least spindle system. Well you will figure it out very soon after you jump into this.

Once again what ever you do, avoid flexy frame and poor linear rails and its far easier to get further with your machine in 1-2 years time frame.
    In extreme worst case, nice frame is always easy to sell even without electronics...

Hey Hokkaju76!

Thank you a lot for your answer, all information is appreciated!

Okay, so the AccTek machine is said to have its Y-structure as "HIWIN rail linear bearings and ball screw". I asked for some photos of the Y-structure and will post here later on.

I checked out your thread of ordering a JCUT 6090b to Finland and it has been a really informative one. When you are here talking about the supported bar, do you mean the cross-bars that you have made for your machine under the t-slot table, or something else?

I really really hope to not get a machine with so much defects as your one, because I really don't even have the skills let alone machines/contacts to do the type of fixes you have done. Of course I am not expecting a perfect machine from the get go, but I rather play around with the electronics and other stuff than the mechanics...

Linear rails and slides - DFH type - CNCdrive - webshop DFH type or true linear rail.
    Linear rails and slides - SBR type - CNCdrive - webshop SBR = Supported bar type.
    Linear rails and slides - SCS type - CNCdrive - webshop SCS= Unsuported bar with supported only at both ends. Bar bending/twisting under load is most biggest issue.

I talk only about linear bearing when you have DHF or "Hiwin" rail is supported to other structure all way. So Rail and slide itself is not one what is causing flex.
    SBR = Slide is open so its not steady.
    SCS = round bar length vs diameter is very critical. If aspect is low = length less than 10x diameter its quite steady, but with long and thin bar "pipe" itself is flexing.
    Also bearing structure is not very long lasting under high load on those. SCS type you find on 3D printer for example.

When I asked which linear bearings the machine has, DFH, SBR or SCS, the answer was "The linear bearing use Taiwan Hiwin, same brand as the rail guide,import from Taiwan."

They did not have a photo of the 6090 desktop model without table, so they included a photo of the 6090 high-bed version:

It seems that the rail-guides are at least differently attached to the frame in the high-bed version and the desktop version:

Seems to be of the DFH type. Do these photos help recognize the frame stiffness that you are concerned about? Again, I am new to this and all mechanics, so I am not much of an evaluator on this issue... Thanks

Yes based on pics seems good, or as good as it can get. Seems that bigger one is with cast frame, smaller not so easy to say for sure. Seems than many components are very similar than my machine. Which is typical for Chinese. Example bf20 mill can be found about 10 different brand in western world and parts are interchangeable in most cases.

Anyway 6090 in its strongest format is pretty decent machine for cnc newbie, and should take you quite far if you stick with wood and aluminium. For steel I think too flimsy. If you can get water channel, it might be with to consider. You get bowl or tub on under your table. I hate to clean chips from floor, it also prevent cips to fall on y ballscrew and rails.

Anyway I wish you all best luck with purchase. EBay is your friend with endmills and such. If you live near Salo you are wellcome see my stuff live.

Well that's reassuring to hear for sure, thanks a lot for your input! For now my plan is to stick with only wood, but you never know. I was thinking about getting a dust hood for the spindle to connect to my shop vac for bigger jobs. Thank you, I guess luck is needed when ordering these machines and I sure do hope to get lucky :wee: I will need to get some special bits from Malmin Terä, but good to know that it is worthwile to shop on eBay. I live in Helsinki so not a crazy drive, I just might have to redeem this promise when the time comes! :cheers:

Too bad you;re in Helsinki. I purchased a brand new weike LC6090 with every extra imaginable. I was going to use it in my business. Bought a whole computer just for it with a large monitor, all kinds of extra software such as Corel draw and engraving pictures onto stone. The list is so huge. extra laser . rotating holders for cylinders etc etc . I used it maybe 4 times and then the business closed and I put it in storage. all of it.

You know I just read more carefully the posts you had before and I think its a diffeent machine than your looking for. Mine is a laser engraver etc. Strange how they used same numbers .. ohh well. lol