585,754 active members*
3,682 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ethernet connection

I have an eztrack but fitted with a new motherboard fron EMI inc, this board has an ethernet connection. Has anyone tried to use this arrangement to connect machine to computer to upload NC files.

Thanks
    Peter

I have a TC-22 with a DX-32 control. I run Windows 98 and have network capability.m in my machine, i use an old PCI network card that is old enough to have a Win98 driver. Without windows, I think network support may be a pain. Also, I suspect the motherboard may be new enough it may not have a Win98 compatable driver for the network adapter.

Brian

I have a TC-3 with a DX-32 control running DOS 6.22. I have network and USB support. Network can be done easily using a packet driver. I currently use the packet driver with mTCP and drop to DOS and use FTP to transfer. I'm old school. You can also setup to use LANMAN using MSCLIENT with Samba or Window shares. I've done a write up on both methods. The mapped drive method allows you to load directly into the control without exiting as the mapped drive has a drive letter. You can also drip huge files directly off the server. Here are a few links I've posted in the past.

Lanman MSCLIENT mapped drive method:
    torque cut 22 and network

mTCP FTP method (kinda sparse on details) as it was so simple.
    New (to me) VMC - Page 4

If you want USB look at posts #16, #24, #25:
    New (to me) VMC

If I was setting up fresh today I might opt for the MSCLIENT method provided you have a local server to connect to. The mTCP with FTP method uses the least amount of memory. Now that I have a netowrk connection I never use the USB... that I worked so hard to get working.