584,871 active members*
5,086 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > TNC2500 Control Operating Temperature Exceeded

Red face TNC2500 Control Operating Temperature Exceeded

Hi,
    Have a Bridgeport VMC412 with TNC2500 control.
    When we bought the machine pre-owned some 18 years ago it gave me aTNC operating temperature exceeded and the monitor goes Phoosssshhhhh and lot of numbers flashing.
    We made a hole at the bottom and fitted a small extractor and a hole on the side with a car filter fitted and the machine has worked for years trouble free.
    Now we are machining a large complex part which takes 30 hours straight and the machine is doing the same. I fitted a stand fan blowing over the cabinet and it works ok but this is risky.
    I know there should be a thermistor somewhere which monitors the temperature. The temperature inside is very low as it is winter as well.
    I also know that there is a parameter in the machine which controls this. I wish to look at this as well.
    Could somebody identify where this thermistor might be?
    Somebody some years ago had this problem and somebody suggested a dangerous solution according to my tech
    help please! everytime this happens the workpiece is bust.

I do not believe there is a parameter for this, it is not part of the controlling software, rather internal background stuff

This is not a normal error, so either the control is actually too hot or the sensor is bad. There maybe technical manuals around, I think the 2500 is really a TNC360 IIRC

call Heidenhain and see if they have any guidance.

Is the time before error predictable?
    if so, see if you can pause the program at a tool change prior and shut it down for a few hours to avoid lost parts

Yes its not a parameter. Its a thermistor somewhere in the panel. It happens when it reaches a certain temperature and far off from the exceeded temperature. I can get around this by placing a fan near the open control which is not acceptable.
    Haidenhain suggested I send the control for repair but that is no option... I have already located something looking like a thermistor on the board.... but not sure..

2 possible sources of the error

Quote Originally Posted by sputnikprec View Post
    Yes its not a parameter. Its a thermistor somewhere in the panel. It happens when it reaches a certain temperature and far off from the exceeded temperature. I can get around this by placing a fan near the open control which is not acceptable.
    Haidenhain suggested I send the control for repair but that is no option... I have already located something looking like a thermistor on the board.... but not sure..

On a TNC150, The thermal component is on the analog board (this is the board with the feedback connectors plugged in, second from the back). It is a large black component on the right side marked MTS70B. This should have a low resistance of maybe 0.6 ohm.

On the position input board (where the scale feedback plugs in) check the capacitor sips ID 202862-02 .

Quote Originally Posted by sputnikprec View Post
    Hello! By any chance did you find our how to solve this issue I'm currently experiencing the same issue.
    Regards!