584,817 active members*
4,719 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LS iC5 230V 1.5kW Inverter

Hunting around for a cheapish inverter to power a 1.5kw chinese spindle and came across the LS (formely LG) iC5 230V 1.5kW.

Has anyone got any hands on with the unit? I was hoping for a step up from the Huanyang VFD, with an english manual, uk supplier and a warranty, if only for a year and was hoping this one would do the trick. I've seen a lot of other units maed by a lot of other manufacturers but they're all abit out of my budget.

Yes I have one, Are you looking for the manual?

thanks gary, i'll take a look at that now, was wondering if they are reliable and since it's the first inverter i will have owned/operated trying to find one that will work with a cheapo 1.5kw air cooled chinese spindle. Do you have the 1.5kw version by any chance?have you used it much?

edit. f@@k me, the manuals a full on bit of reading, was going to say is it easy to set up, loos like this is going to take a while.

Lol! yeah there are a lot of settings to mess with! I am happy with mine, its about three or four years old and it drives a two hp motor in sensor-less vector mode and it gets used a lot. Mine is 2.2 KW but it is basically the same. I don't know what the prices are like where you are but I don't think you would get much advantage using a sensor-less vector drive on a spindle but, if its the best price then it doesn't matter. On my cnc router I sometimes use large edge forming and plunge bits and it takes about everything my router can give to do it. Its a Milwaukee 3.5 HP router

There's a lot to look up, i think many of the features i wont be messing with to start with, as long as it powers up the spindle and lets me control it reliably. A lot of the inverters in the uk are expensive £300+, where as this one is only £130

No you probably not be using a lot of the features, By control it do you mean turning the knob on the front of it or or controlling it with your software? I can be done either way, I control it through mach3/linuxcnc. Still learning linuxcnc!

I'll be using the front of the inverter to start with, no automation. After wiring the inverter to the spindle i'd like to be able to turn it on, set the frequency and let it run. Eventually i'l work out how to command the unit with mach3 but important thing is to wire it into the spindle and get some cutting done without to much a fuss.

Ok. That's pretty simple