585,762 active members*
3,969 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help in Purchasing new CNC Machine

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. We are a small business in Texas that specializes in cabinetry. We are slowly growing and are now prepared to tap into the CNC world to offer custom carvings and possibly some sign making. Being that we do not have any experience in this field, we are looking for suggestions on good companies that offer good machines, preferrably made in the USA (for support purposes mainly) and offer a good transition with an "easy-to-use" dynamic. Obviously the effort determines the learning, which I have no problems in putting in the effort. Since it is our first machine purchase, we want a good deal, meaning something not too pricy but good (excellence at a fair price). Although I am sure you get what you pay for, I am confident that this forum has experienced professionals with a great amount of wisdom. Our size limitations are a working area of 4'x4'.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the ShopBot; it's made in the USA, is constructed pretty stoutly, and is well supported by the company as well as by a lot of devoted fans: ShopBotTools CNC Routers But get the 3-phase spindle with inverter, not the hand router option.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Since you are in Texas, you might check out Easy Router. I'm leaning strongly towards them my self. A good friend has one and is very satisfied with it.

Do you know of a website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been looking at the stinger II by camaster .... Does anyone have any experience with this machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of a company located in Ohio they buy and sell used machinery. You might be able to find what you need there -- they have really cheap prices. Check it out http://www.hgrinc.com

There are a lot of people who are curious about plasma cutting. Most of them enter the world of plasma cutting through the CNC field. The CNC Plasma Cutting Machine are one of the most valuable tools used by a wide range of industries. For more than 50 years, plasma cutters have been the preferred method of cutting the metal.

You can find the most affordable and best cnc cutting machine at Ajan CNC.
    See best cnc machine at AJAN CNC

Hope so you will find out the right cutting machine.
    www.ajancnc.com

We are also looking at a CAMaster Stinger 1, they seem to have a good reputation. Do a youtube search for CAMaster, there is one member who posted hours of video on how to set one up for routing, very helpful. I am actually travelling this month to see a Camaster in Mass for a demo, I'll let you know what I think of it.

Tried to post this earlier but it wasn't showing ... HGR Industrial Surplus sells used machinery you can find all sorts of brands there.

Re: Need Help in Purchasing new CNC Machine

hello, i understand you situation, you will consider after sale service. in fact, 1212 model cnc router is very easy to learn and operate. if you can use drawing software. but for cabinet industry, i introduce you cnc machining center, but that cost expensive, so one common model 1212 is good option for you at present. actually we have so many specification for you. but they are different prices. so could you please tell me your budget if possible?