584,863 active members*
5,010 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Beginner needing some help and information on which laser cutting machine to purchase

Cool Beginner needing some help and information on which laser cutting machine to purchase

Hi there,

We are a company looking into cutting and engraving acrylics, timber and silver (jewellery pendants) etc.
    We are based in London UK and research is all we have to learn about this topic so any help would be highly appreciated!

We are looking to purchase a machine (our first machine) very soon and have heard and researched that a Chinese machine is not the way to go, as well as anything that uses MoshiDraw.
    Our price range is up to around £4,000 ($6,500) and obviously anything cheaper is preferred.

We would like an A2 or roughly that size cutting area if possible and would basically just like to know of good machines or company's available in or to ship to the UK.
    Any information or advice would be appreciated as we have only a little idea of what we are doing at the moment.

Thank you!!!

Don't rule out all Chinese lasers as some are very good and can do exactly what you want.

laser cutting machine

Quote Originally Posted by apieceof View Post
    Hi there,

We are a company looking into cutting and engraving acrylics, timber and silver (jewellery pendants) etc.
    We are based in London UK and research is all we have to learn about this topic so any help would be highly appreciated!

We are looking to purchase a machine (our first machine) very soon and have heard and researched that a Chinese machine is not the way to go, as well as anything that uses MoshiDraw.
    Our price range is up to around £4,000 ($6,500) and obviously anything cheaper is preferred.

We would like an A2 or roughly that size cutting area if possible and would basically just like to know of good machines or company's available in or to ship to the UK.
    Any information or advice would be appreciated as we have only a little idea of what we are doing at the moment.

Thank you!!!
    Our laser machine should be No1 or No2 in China, but the price is higher than other supplier. If you are interested in it, Please contact us.
    lyxlaser
    ATgmail

thunderlaser Guest
    Hi Apieceof
    This is Tom from Thunder Laser,
    we are a professional provider of laser cutter and laser engraver.
    We always focus on providing good quality products and best service to the users of our laser systems.

for your job: cutting and engraving on acrylic, timber,
    may I ask what's your material size? and how thick are they?
    maybe I can give you some advice.

and for working on silver, usually co2 laser cutter and engraver is very hard to do it.
    you may need laser marking machine.

for engraving, the smaller laser wattage, the better,
    but for cutting, it depends on your material thick,
    for example for our laser,
    50w can cut acrylic up to 12mm, wood up to 5-8mm(depends on the wood type),
    80w can cut acrylic up to 20mm, wood up to 8-12mm

as you said, you would like an A2 working area machine,
    then our Mini60 with working area 600x400mm is suitable for you,
    price for it is USD4400 quoted EXW,

and for cutting job, it's recommend to use a water chiller for cooling laser tube,
    it's safter and can extend the tube's life,
    price for our water chiller: CW-5000 is USD550

for Mini60, it can be sent by DHL,
    Air way shipping time:
    usually, we will need about 7 days to prepare the order after receiving the payment.
    and if send by DHL air way, it will need about 7 days to reach you.
    so totally it will need about 14 days if you choose DHL air way to your door.

besides, We have many guiding videos to help our users to use the laser machine quickly.
    that will save you a lot of time.
    I think you can watch these guiding videos to learn how to use
    the machine in advance:
    How to use your laser machine
    How to use laser software
    Demo of software basic applications
    Detail process of how to cut/engrave a job

if you have anything unclear, just ask me again freely

YUP don't rule out the Chinese lasers yet.. I just imported a G. Weike and am super happy with it. Much... Much better than expected. No screwing around, it just worked out of the box and came with everything I needed to get started.... and uses LaserCut 5.3 instead of Moshidraw..

The big problem for you is cutting silver, don't think C02 can do it.. Not sure if C02 can mark it with Cermark.. A quick google search say no...

@ traveller w thank you choosing G.WEIKE MACHINE

@ apieceof ,, now all our machine use Laser cut or RDCAM software ,no moshidraw anymore ,so don't worry for this .so choose G.WEIKE machine will be a better choice.
    And for A2 size machine ,we would like to suggest our LG6040, which with 24*18 inch working area, to cut acrylic, timber, ,but for the silver ,laser machine can't do this ,our price will send to you by PM

Any others feel free to ask me
    Best Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by apieceof View Post
    Hi there,

Thank you!!!
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by lasertube View Post
    Our laser machine should be No1 or No2 in China, but the price is higher than other supplier. If you are interested in it, Please contact us.
    lyxlaser
    ATgmail
    My name Chang.. I shameless laser company in China. Try to sell you my machine... You no ask about my company, but I no care.. Only care about making money from you.. You can find me and other China laser company on many posts hawking machines. We no care if you are just wanting help.. Just to sell you machines.

Have a day of good and buy, buy....

Re: Beginner needing some help and information on which laser cutting machine to purc

to many vendors here !!
    Don't open old postings

Re: Beginner needing some help and information on which laser cutting machine to purc

Go with G.WEIKE MACHINE.

They don't use moshidraw.

You have cheap chinese laser cutters and then you have the decent ones.

Its where I purchased mine from and Lucy is simply brilliant.

They build a decent machine and its packaged well.

The only thing I would suggest is maybe get them to use the AWC608 controller which in my opinion is more powerful and has a ppi feature and has bug free software
    that does not require a dedicated xp computer or dongle and software does not freeze during pc to laser data file transfers and an efr tube which I have read about they
    don't lose power over time. If I was buying again its what I would do.

Would I buy again from Lucy? You bet I would. Even after a year if I have a question Lucy answers promptly.

You take on the right advice and you will move forward with savings in your pocket.

Good luck with it.

Visit AJAN CNC for best and affordable cnc machines.
    www.ajancnc.com