584,841 active members*
4,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question spindle problems

ok ive looked around on the site and have not found what i needed.. i have got a r2e3 II ..i have just now got to talk with the machine and can load programs...i think i havnt ran them yet (thanks Jim and George) ...ok when the machine is on i can turn the spindle on in both directions but it will not stay on it turns off and brakes when i let off the switch...it has been workin ..i have rewired the motor to 220 and the problem started then, i think...i found the motor ol was tripin out and not letting the axis drives to work , i fixed that, an now iam here...i have checked the oil level switch ..it is working...i have oil , air press , what do i check now ...

Do you have a schematic? Do you know how to read one? The MR and MF contactors have piggy back contacts that keep them lactched (ON) even when you release the switch. The way oil level switch does the same thing.Then they drop out when either the 24 VDC to them is broken (overtravel, emergency stop, overload, etc) or the ground is interrupted by the EAF. Perhaps one of these switches is dirty or the EAF is getting a bad signal.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

i wish i would have came inside a lil early to read this post..........yes i have schematic and i can read it ...ok found out that it was the , motor contacts. after checkin all my conections...i removed the air pressure on the system...then maual released the brake, by push it up....then went to the rear panel panel and pushed the mf contact in , the motor turned on...and then i pushed the mr contact motor came on , so i go back to the front panel and try it with the switch, fixed it...i thought they were a lil dirty or what not from sitting up so long....ok so they work on and off now....how do i clean them, just take them off and take them apart, or can the latch itself be cleaned...well thanks guys for all the help..i have gotton my machine to run a short program tonight , even with the spindle acting up .. it was a pocket ...3" in dia. i cut it in a 2 x 4 wood is more ez on the bits..lol , i call it a cup holder ...

ok so now on to getting some of what i want cut out...ok how do i clean/fix the MF and MR contacts....and what is the best program to help me transfer my 2d cad drawings to g-code that will be close to what this thing wants to read..iam only trying to cut out flanges....very basic for now....thanks again george and jim for your great help gettin closer

Brett

Lots of them old R2E3 and 4's still making chips
    If the old contactors are really worn find a generic replacement