585,717 active members*
3,884 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Ethernet Config trouble issues?

Ethernet Config trouble issues?

Hi,

I got a Haas TL2 with the HD/USB/Ethernet package installed. I'm on a network using a rooter/firewall and it was a pain in the @ss to setup everything to make my lathe and my CPU to communicate in both way. But it was working very well.

But last week, I had to format my CPU and since then, I can't access to the HD of my TL2. The problem that I have is my TL2 seem not to accept username and the password that I gave him during mapping his drive over my network.

I see the lathe on the network neighborhood, it respond to a ping but it do not accept the username or the password. I'm sure at 100% that I gave the right username and the password.

Just to know, does anyone else ever had problem to connect a Haas machine on a network???

Thanx

Yes,

It's not perfect, but we finally got ours to work using a wireless bridge. You can actually access the haas hard drive directly from your network?
    We set up a virtual folder that is on my cpu and the haas can get into that and transfer files to memory or hard drive.

Sometimes when we start up the machine the network doesn't show up, but after restarting it will connect. I was hoping it was going to be more reliable!

Networking, not my favorite thing!!!

HEY! Everything is working right now!!!

Just as you were typing your reply, I saw that I can acces the HD of the machine and from the manchine, the HD of my CPU!

The problem is the username and the password that must be set in the machine. I've put "haas" as the username and "ABCDE" as the password. I will try several thing to find exactly the problem and I will let Haas know of it with a report so they could fix this up.

After finding 3 problems on their controler, I hope they will be gentle with me on service and warranty.

When I will be sure of the problem source, I will let yall know.

Wiseco
    (a 3 days network-troubleshooting-tired guy)

Cant see harddisk on VM3

I got a Haas VM3 with similar problems.

We bought it in february this year and spend 3 days setting the network up. So many different approaches including so many people that no one can remember how we finally got it to work. It has been running along ever so smoothly since then, but after changing password on my computer (stupid security policy) i can no longer see the harddisk on the VM. It asks for a user/password and the one set in the advanced tcp/ip setting under NETSHARE isnt working. That is the only place i can find any indication of a user/pass on the machine.

I can access a shared folder on the PC without any problem. And pinging the VM also works, so the network should be operational.

I could ofcourse just run the programs from the netshare, but its a bother when i have to make a minor change to the program after running it. The VM wont locks the file so it cant be altered, and unless i wait for gods know how long for it to release rights to the file (and no selecting a new FNC file doesnt do the trick), i have to make a copy of the file and make the changes there.

I was hoping that someone knew a secret user/pass that works on haas machines. Im definetly gonna try haas/abcde

I hope someone can help with this.

Thomas

Just like any other password it is case sensitive.

Case sensitivity wasnt the problem. I do know how to type in a user/password
    After the weekend i turned the CNC on and changed the user/pass to HAAS/ABCDE, rebooted it and THEN turned on the PC, and it worked. Then i changed it to my PC login so i can access my shared drive there, that too worked. So now i have the pass/user set for my PC login, but i still have to use HAAS/ABCDE to see the harddisk. Guess its a matter of timeout for the HD password, and appearently more than a 20 hours timeout.

I better save this info somewhere i can find it in another 6 months

Please show me how to setup HAAS network to my pc window xp? I have tried to map it into my PC, but doesn't work. Anyone know how to create virtual folder on pc to see HAAS machine?

First, if you're behind a router, config it to have a static DHCP for your machine. Then, go to the network setup page on your machine and type in the DHCP address you've typed for your router. For the user/pass, use haas/ABCDE. I don't remember well, but I think I've tried other user/pass combination without success so stick to haas/ABCDE (case sensitive).

On you PC, be sure to have "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft networks" checked.

If you don't understand a thing I said above, call you an IT tech from a PC store and make him read this above.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your info.
    would you please show me little bit detail about in the pc after enable "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft networks" checked.
    Do I need to create virtual folder or just map drive in the pc?

Thanks,

In Network Place, add a network link to your machine (static DHCP adress). It work for me.