585,668 active members*
4,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 6MB11 "2013 magazine servo unit alarm".

Fanuc 6MB11 "2013 magazine servo unit alarm".

Hi , I have a Bridgeport BPC 320H with Fanuc 6MB11. I'm getting the alarm 2013 Magazine Servo unit alarm..It works fine on machine switch on first thing then after I run a few parts I get the alarm..if I reset the alarm with the power stop button I can re home the machine and re home the magazine no problem..
    I'm getting the red PAL (position alarm?) light coming on at the A20B-0010-0100/02B board which seems to work the magazine servo drive.

The alarm appears if I try to manually index the magazine and when it tries to index the magazine during a tool change...the servo drive drops the enable light but no alarm lights on the servo drive..the other servo drives stay enabled and I can mpg the machine on all axis after pressing reset on the control panel(alarm lamp stays on). Could it be the Fanuc Multipole resolver on the motor..does the machine ignore the resolver when it homes the carousel as it only needs the home prox sensor for location? Then for a tool change it looks at the resolver for each tool position...?

It seems that because the magazine servo is not set as an axis I can't check it's diagnostics.

The motor is a Fanuc DC yellow cap 5M with 5x resolver and tacho.

I have no info on the A20B-0010-0100/02B board in my Bridgeport manuals..and nothing comes up on Google.

Many thanks in advance

John

The alarm Pal on that card is command data parity error, which I think may mean the bcd data from the motherboard is getting scrambled somewhere.

I would probably first try blowing off the card in case there's chips gotten on it and also reconnecting both ends of the three cables that attach to it.

I've attached a .zip file that has a ton of info about these machines, the magazine servo controller is covered at pages 3, 18 and 19 of the .pdf file that's named 6MB info .pdf

There are no eproms on it so replacing it with another board should be a fairly straight forward operation.
    HTH

Thanks Ben that info will be really helpfull..very hard to find info on these machines in the UK!

As you said it did turn out to be a bad parity error. I tracked it down to plug CO13 on the second connection i/o pcb. The pcb itself was faulty..I swapped the board and it's back working now..the tool change data for counting the tools etc all comes from CO13 to the tool magazine positioning pcb that was showing the PAL error. The connection board seemed to have a blown capaciter above CO13 but I have not had the board repaired yet so not really sure if that caused the problem.

The tc positioning board was dropping the enable to the drive so it gave a drive fault alarm which was not the problem as it turned out!

Many thanks again for the help.

John

Ben would you happen to have any info on the adjustment pots and test pin readings for the t/c positioning board..It's working fine but I would like to know how to be able to adjust the settings for future reference as I have noticed with the dc drives that adjustment are needed occasionally.

I also notoiced that the magazine position can be adjusted by loosening turning the resolver on the back of the ATC servo...I thought this to be true but wasn't sure..presumably the motor brake has to be released by applying a voltage to it before adjusting, as far as I can work out the brake only releases during a tool change?

Many thanks John

John, I think the board potentiometer and jumper setting procedures for the magazine servo controller are in the .pdf file on page 3 which for some reason is located in about the middle of the document, just after page 21.

My machine has the 80 tool atc unit and since I have not experienced any problems with the magazine servo system, I can not vouch for any specifics other than to say that the motor and gearbox itself do not appear to have any mechanical braking and so it follows that braking is done electronically via the large braking resistor at the top of the servo drive in the same fashion as the axis drive motors.

Thanks Ben yes I missed the page 3!

Here are a few pics of the 20 tool magazine and the t/c pcb. The 50 or 80 tool option would be great..this machine has run for 10 years with no faults up until this one. I have a memex 512K memory upgrade and also have a Fanuc BTR which I'm going to fit so I can run larger programmes.

John

Attached is the maintenance manual for that positioning card #a20b-0010-0100.

Thanks Ben that will be really usefull..it was the only pcb on the machine I couldn't find setting info for! It's about time I got my other BPC320 running again..it needs a re-furb on the B axis rotary table.

John

Re: Fanuc 6MB11 "2013 magazine servo unit alarm".

Hi there I am from India I need a help for my Vmc machine make citizen cincom NF4 fanuc 6m control I don't have any off the machine manual and electrical manual for the machine
    There is a alarm in the machine
    1003 "T" NC ALM
    1020 ATC MAGAZINE ALM
    Can u please help me to solve the problem
    And in the board I have a red light on OVC
    If I disconnect all the wires from the board the axis are moving but I can't reference the machine to home position