585,712 active members*
4,198 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 6mb tool carosel keeps spinning

Fanuc 6mb tool carosel keeps spinning

I have a 1983 Kuraki KV 1000 with a 6MB control. Until recently the tool carosel would intermitantly keep spinning, now it officially keeps spinning. I had my CNC repair guy check it out and all the sensors and switches are fine. The thing that he noticed was on the diagnostic page there was no data between lines 180 to 260 so he thinks it may be the motherboard A20b-0008-0410 I tried myself swaping the IO boards around with no luck. If anyone has any ideas I would love to here them. I do not want to start buying boards if we are not sure of the fix. I would be interrested in a motherboard possibly for a spare at a good price.

Thanks Joe Signorelli

Have you checked all the proximity/limit switches? they should be able to be read on the diagnostic screen.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I have a tech guy that says that all that checks out, but because on the diagnostic page there is no data between 160 and 244 so he thinks that the control is on seeing half of the PC. He says it may be a motherboard or a PC board also. We thought ot may have been a heat or cold isse because it would work from one day to the next for the last 6 months, now I have been down for a month and it is killing me. My tech spent a few hours on it last week and of course he got it to work but the next morning it wouldn't very strange. Thanks for any input that you have. I would think there is someone that has herd of this problem even though it is old it certainly was not a rare controll.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by diamond
    Thanks for any input that you have. I would think there is someone that has herd of this problem even though it is old it certainly was not a rare controll.
    Joe
    The 6M is a very common control, unfortunately the Machine control side of things are usually anything but Fanuc and although can be Fanuc PMC, because of the lack of instruction power, was often done with a 3rd party PLC, which of course is unique to the Machine tool builder.
    And if it is not a common make of machine, can make things difficult.
    The machine should have a ladder diagram, wether Fanuc or 3rd party, that if used can be a helpfull diagnostic tool.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

This is just my experience so here goes...

I own a 1981 Kitamura Mycenter 2 w/ a Fanuc 6m-b control. I experienced the same problem with the tool carousel continually spinning when commanded. Here is how I fixed it:

I opened the back of the pendant control and found that there was a loose connection between the board and a connector. It seems that it worked loose from vibration while operating it.

I suggest that you check all of your connections in the back of the pendant for grins and giggles!

TFGC

The first thing that come to mind is just as Al says, first Inuctive/mechanichal sensors and then machine control PLC. I dont think this is a Fanuc related problem. Also the ladder is not always accurate since its usually up to the macine builder to setup these. Its very rare that the ladder is off, but it has happend.

Another thing came to my mind.
    Is it the type of carosel that has an electric motor with a cam that pulls the carosel one tool/rotation.
    If this is the case there should be a sensor usually inductive that counts the revolutions, if this is falty it could mean that the carosel keeps spinning, there should be a timeout alarm, but as a mentiond in my previus post, machine builder tend to cut corners.

I have a CNC machine shoda 6M
    It's died PCB master A20B 0008 0410/060
    Can you help me where I can buy a new board and it's price!
    Thanhks!

I met this situation with a 3MC. At first I think I/O problem, but when checking relay area, I saw that all bits=0. So I replaced PC board, and It had been OK.
    Unfortunately, 6MB I/O integrated on master board, so I think you should try
    with another master board.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hoangs View Post
    I have a CNC machine shoda 6M
    It's died PCB master A20B 0008 0410/060
    Can you help me where I can buy a new board and it's price!
    Thanhks!
    We have one in stock. US$1200. I notice you are in Laos. Do you have any contacts here in US who can purchase it for you? We have shipped parts to Thailand before but never shipped anything to Laos.
    www.kfasllc.com

I repaired one machine with same problem the machine owner changed the proxy sensor him self and configuered it wrong the led on sensor was working but actully sensor was not giving output . check all the sensor logic at sensor output and then check at terminals of machine cabnit.

It is also possiable some sensor are interchanged ie index sensor with tool count etc.

What i guess is some of the cable is broken or short due to machine vibration. It is better to change the cable from sensor to control before buying any expensive boards.

Ahmed