585,705 active members*
4,326 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

tool turret for lathes, is anyone interested?

I just finished my tool turret, still working on the mount to get the height right on my lathe.
    I converted a Grizzly G9972Z to cnc and made my tool turret with some help from Bob on here.
    It works ok, just have not done any serious cutting yet because it is not exactly center. I will post pictures
    and video links for those interested.

My question is,

Is anyone else interested in plans or purchasing a 4 tool, 4 Drill/boring tool turret for their lathe project?

Mine has a 5 in Diameter head, the lathe swing is 11 inches and that works out good for me.
    I can change the diameter up to 7 in, but that would be a 14 in swing lathe.

I am looking to see if others are seriously interested to buy plans or the actual tool turret ready for install on your lathe.
    Plans I was thinking about $50.00 and the tool turret ready to install about $400.00 for a 5 in with 1/2 or 5/8 tool holder slots
    and about $600 for a 7 in with 5/8 to 1 in tool holder slots.

If so let me know and if there is some interest I will definitely get it done for you.

Pictures and videos?
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

I was planning to post the pictures and video the same day I made the post but my hot water heater gave out and starting leaking like the titanic. Now I am out of town on business and don't have access. I will get them up in on Thursday when I get home, thanks and sorry for the delay

Quote Originally Posted by skyguynca View Post
    I just finished my tool turret, still working on the mount to get the height right on my lathe.
    I converted a Grizzly G9972Z to cnc and made my tool turret with some help from Bob on here.
    It works ok, just have not done any serious cutting yet because it is not exactly center. I will post pictures

My question is,

Is anyone else interested in plans or purchasing a 4 tool, 4 Drill/boring tool turret for their lathe project?

Mine has a 5 in Diameter head, the lathe swing is 11 inches and that works out good for me.

I am looking to see if others are seriously interested to buy plans or the actual tool turret ready for install on your lathe.
    Plans I was thinking about $50.00 and the tool turret ready to install about $400.00 for a 5 in with 1/2 or 5/8 tool holder slots

If so let me know and if there is some interest I will definitely get it done for you.
    have you pics my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by skyguynca View Post

My question is,

hi friends any photos?

Re: tool turret for lathes, is anyone interested?

Hi any update on this? Thanks