585,975 active members*
4,612 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > v26 can't open second file from windows explorer

v26 can't open second file from windows explorer

This is probably more a general IT question than a Bobcad question, but in v26 I seem to be able to open one file correctly. But if I want to open a second one I have to do it from inside Bobcad. I can't navigate to it in windows explorer and open from there. Not a huge problem but can be annoying if the file I want to open is inside a zipped folder, as the Open tool in Bobcad won't display those.

Any ideas?

Have tried on both home and workshop computers and either double clicking or right clicking and choosing Open works. I have XP on the workshop computer and W7 on the home one and both have V26 build 1182. I have just opened 7 bbcd files by using the above method. Have also just tried direct from a .rar file and it worked.
    Hood

Hold shift and right click bobcad file. Choose open with, then choose default program. Navigate to the bobcad.exe and make sure always use the selected program is checked. Click the bobcad.exe file and it should then open,

Ronnie

Thanks for looking into this, guys. I tried what you said, Cloud rider. Still not working. The Bobcad window will maximize but the new file never opens.

I'm wondering if it might have to do with my user permissions. Investigating.

Do you have any compatibility settings set such as "Run as Administrator"?

Just wanted to compare setups. On one PC I invoke admin rights when launching BobCAD. That one will not open a program at all from File Explorer using the open command.

The other PC does not use Admin rights. It will open a file (and BCC) when double-clicked but just as you a second file will not open.

No, I don't have admin privileges on this computer. I was thinking that was the problem but I think you disproved that theory.