585,752 active members*
4,168 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > cutting Data won tranfer via USB cable to laser engraving machine comes up with error

cutting Data won tranfer via USB cable to laser engraving machine comes up with error

when trying to transfer new Data to machine an error comes up saying transfer stopped . but files saved in folder of existing work transfer is ok .. how do i resolve this problem. please? also how do you put data into machine via a USB stick ?

thunderlaser Guest
    Hi
    What's the laser software you used? also what's format of your files?
    Do you have check whether your files with format can be support by your laser software or not?
    As my own experience,
    If you want to transfer data to machine via a use stick, you will need to save your file as a off-line file by your laser software,
    Then save it to USB stick, then plug the usb stick to the stick port of laser machine,
    The laser machine will can be check the usb stick files by you selects some functions like find usbfile------on the control panel.

Sincerely
    Tom
    Thunderlaser- leading provider of laser cutter and laser engraver from China

thank you i will try this today. i have been transferring data sucessfully for awhile now this problem has just came up could it be the usb card in the machine has failed ? the files the machine uses are RL. the machine is 3 years old

thunderlaser Guest
    If you have been transferring data successfully before
    That is say the file format can be supported by the software.
    Now the laser comes up saying transfer stopped, and do you have check the laser if it has not communicate with the software(computer) yet.
    Is it possible that the software can't find the com port?
    Firstly, we will need to determine that the communication is fine. then determine the file with format can be supported by your laser software.

Sincerely
    Tom
    Thunderlaser- leading provider of laser cutter and laser engraver from China