585,894 active members*
4,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > Post for Haas TM1P and TL-2

Post for Haas TM1P and TL-2

Hi guys. Still trying to wrap my head around this new software I got for my new machines. Any one have a generic working post for either of these two machines? Ill be forever grateful
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by BillEVM View Post
    Hi guys. Still trying to wrap my head around this new software I got for my new machines. Any one have a generic working post for either of these two machines? Ill be forever grateful
    [email protected]
    doesnt it come with a generic haas post?

It does, but for some reason its not working. Figured I would try a known working one and compare in their UPG program.

Quote Originally Posted by BillEVM View Post
    It does, but for some reason its not working. Figured I would try a known working one and compare in their UPG program.
    exactly how does it not work? there really cant be that much going on...if you look at the gcode it spits out where does it break?

Generic post, for that generic machine that has a few thousand options... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jame5m28 View Post
    Generic post, for that generic machine that has a few thousand options... Lol
    like?

I've seen haas machines with flipped axis, wether or not they support g28 or g53 or both, wether they need a tool height offset or not, different coolant codes, not to mention options such as conveyors, air blowers bed washers etc etc etc, haas to be fair are normally pretty good for being the same, they are nowhere near as bad as soon others!

Quote Originally Posted by jame5m28 View Post
    I've seen haas machines with flipped axis, wether or not they support g28 or g53 or both, wether they need a tool height offset or not, different coolant codes, not to mention options such as conveyors, air blowers bed washers etc etc etc, haas to be fair are normally pretty good for being the same, they are nowhere near as bad as soon others!
    thats pretty much every machine...i think some simple looks at the gcode and some referencing of the haas gcode manual would result in a working post

Your 120% correct, lots of people expect the post writer to magically know what is going on!

My magic 8 ball doesn't seem to have the g code module though!

billevm:

try posting up here the simplest gcode file that doesnt work, and a description of what doesnt work about it, and i bet you will get a solution in no time