584,802 active members*
4,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mori Seiki MV35/40 Axis Interlocks

Hi everyone,
    First post so go easy on me!

So I just brought a Mv35/40 into my shop, bought it from a friend who got it at auction. (I know asking for trouble) any who I got it into place and am going through the troubleshooting portion. I'm stumped. I have cleared all alarms and seems that everything is OK (All drives have green lights, and nothing blaring red at me anymore). However when I try to home z (or any axis) the position on the screen changes but nothing physically moves. Then it alarms out with an over travel, does anyone have an idea what I can do to get the axis's to home out. I feel (and hope) I am just missing something simple. I looked at the parameters and really dont know what to change or exactly which controls the axis interlock or drives. I did flip the toggle for MLK. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Controller is a yasnac MX1

12 hrs later and all I accomplished was getting the tool changer sequence back in order!

Needless to say frustrated!

Mlk= machine lock, with that on, program will run and display positions will move, but axis won't. Is the switch on?

Sent from my G-Tab Quantum using Tapatalk

No I checked that, its a 3 position switch, Machine lock (MLK), OFF, and Screen Lock (SLK), I checked the I/O and the switch is working, plus I tried all three positions just in case.

i am wondering if there is a parameter or something that locks the axis moving for transportation.

No transport parameter that I remember, but it is a yasnac, so who knows.

Sent from my G-Tab Quantum using Tapatalk

Re: Mori Seiki MV35/40 Axis Interlocks

I'm having problems getting my tool changer in order, iv got an 87 mori seiki mv35/40 and am to the point of wanting to disable the toolchanger just to get it to work. I think there must be a parameter thinking the tool in spindle is either locked or unlocked so I cant get it to operate at all now - any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MPI-Ferrari View Post
    I'm having problems getting my tool changer in order, iv got an 87 mori seiki mv35/40 and am to the point of wanting to disable the toolchanger just to get it to work. I think there must be a parameter thinking the tool in spindle is either locked or unlocked so I cant get it to operate at all now - any help would be appreciated.
    What control?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

It has the Fanuc 10M control, there was a tool changer crash and the arm no longer orientates to the spindle - I tried taking the collar that the arm bolts to and moving it back and forth a tooth with no luck the teeth seem to far in either direction, so I figured it would just be easier to disable the tool changer until I can get someone in that knows how to align it. Just looking for the easiest way to get it up and running. I tried taking the arm off and resetting tool changer back to its home but I cant get the ATCHP light to come on, so I must be either missing a step in process or it thinks the wrong tool is in spindle or pocket, I tried cycling through the sequence with the x- and x+ control when in m31 but with no success - I got it to move with the using c00 numbers 2 - 11 to get it back to what looks like a home position but still no ATCHome Position light, seeing how the arm is off anyway I figured with it at home and arm off at least machine would be usable if atc was diabled. Also I tried to reset the parameters for tool in spindle and pot as described in manual I believe they were numbers 9,11,12,13 with all 0's and the one with 00001110 as descried in manual which seemed to work for tool id alarm. any help would be appreciated?