584,849 active members*
4,035 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

crooked used machine dealers

If anyone out there is considering buying a machine from a used machine dealer, beware! Some of them aren't so great. In fact, some see you as a golden opportunity to unload their useless junk. We had one in AZ who sold us two lemons and inadvertently taught us alot about what to look out for. Anyone thinking about buying from a dealer in AZ? PM me and I'll give you his name.
    http://onedropyoyos.com/yoyos/

used machine dealers hang around with used car dealers

Used car dealers are better!!! Just above lawyers!

The way around that is to look lay your eyes and hands on em, watch them cut parts, pull the way covers and give it a good tire kicking. If the machine is unhooked and can't be seen running, walk away.

I got burned pretty bad on a CNC lathe that needed 5k in repair advertised as "in good running condition", never again. If I would have been smart enough to go and look at it before buying the things that were broken would have been obvious.

I typicaly hire a factory tech to go "kick the tires". You can still get burned on it but its alot harder.

And I agree if the machine is not under power or they are unwilling to put it under power, walk away or it better be a close to free deal!

I'd say about 50/50 with used machinery dealers. I have two that have stood behind thier machines and I would use them again.
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx