Login

DMC 60 H hi-dyn, 840D ~ MSG ... M00 causes error '600607: SPI-LK,feed stop'

My program includes the following code:
    Code:
    DEF STRING[124] MY_MSG 
    MY_MSG = "*** BLAH BLAH BLAH ***" 
    MSG(MY_MSG) 
    M00
    The intention is to display a message to the operator, then pause the program to allow action to be taken before resuming the program.

Occasionally the message is displayed as expected, but usually my message is masked by an error message: '600607: SPI-LK,feed stop', which I think is a manufacturer message, not a Siemens message.

My message is revealed if I press the 'Feed Start' button, which acts as Feed Enable.

Is this standard behaviour on these machines? It would be strange to be unable to pause machining with a programmed message displayed.

Thanks for any advice,

brickie

It is not standard behavior. Sounds like a machine specific configuration issue is conflicting with your program message. Have you contacted the machine builder for their input?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like a spindle interlock issue. Does M0 normally try to unlock the door?

Thank you both for your replies.

I have contacted the manufacturer but they don't seem very interested as it's an old machine. I'll try again using your comments for leverage.

I'm not sure whether M0 unlocks the door (I'm not at the machine location at the moment), but my MSG line is near the start of the program before axes have moved or spindle has run.

brickie

Re: DMC 60 H hi-dyn, 840D ~ MSG ... M00 causes error '600607: SPI-LK,feed stop'

Hello brother, I know its been long time. But I am facing the same problem with our machines. And yes, the manufacturer didn't very interested in our case as well.

Did you find any solution?

Re: DMC 60 H hi-dyn, 840D ~ MSG ... M00 causes error '600607: SPI-LK,feed stop'

600607: SPI-LK,feed stop is a standard DMG code in their Siemens controllers which basically means the Spindle Locked Feed Stop is active. There is an interlock causing this. You can check the status by pressing "CUSTOM" button on the MCP followed by "Diagnosis" Softkey and checking on the status of the various input outputs. All the inputs are usually shown there under various tabs.

This interlock is usually caused under the following situations-
    1. Main Door is OPEN
    2. ATC door is OPEN
    3. Feed Start (Green button- Mind you not Cycle start) has not been pressed

check the "Messages" tab under the Alarms section as sometimes there are hints there as to why the interlock is active.

Best of luck!

JSS