584,805 active members*
4,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Acramatic 850SX

Hello,

If anyone is interested in turning on options in the 850SX, here is some info.

There may be a different way to do it but I come from a hardware background so I dig into hardware instead of software.

I read the eeproms on the memory card and have located the option bits, reprogrammed and reinstalled the eeprom (in a socket) and it all works fine.

I will not post too much in case no one cares!

These controls are old and all but impossible to get support from the maker. Otherwise I would suggest going through proper channels for option upgrades.

What's the chance you could do the same on an Acramatic 950MC? I believe the 850 is actually newer than a 950 if that's any help.

Jay

Parts and repair is available on some of the Acramatic control series from Siemens who owns the product. Siemens can be contacted at 800-879-8079. It is true what peterson76 says in that these controls are old and access to components to repair is limited. If the iron is still good, a retrofit is an option which Siemens can help with. When calling the 800# the customer support reps can forward your information to someone to follow up on discussing the retrofit options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, im very interested in what your doing i need some upgrades on my 850sx its on a horizontal mill how can i get ahold of you or you can email me at:
    [email protected]

Hi
    I am having trouble for turning the cincinnati Acramatic 850sx control panel.
    my motor drive is siemens.
    SUMP off
    DIMP off
    GMEM red
    DAMP red
    RUN yellow
    OSA red
    MMC red
    SERV off
    PCA red
    DPWR green
    APWR green

Display SYSTEM START-UP HOST CONTROL INITIALIZING
    then there is no movement. waiting for help for this problem. thank you.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	display.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	433443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	board_led.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	433445

Re: Acramatic 850SX

This is a super old thread but if this is possible who knows how to do it and can you explain a little more detail? Thanks

You need to get the control reference manual that shows how to trouble shoot using the lights.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Quote Originally Posted by VENDETTAD View Post
    This is a super old thread but if this is possible who knows how to do it and can you explain a little more detail? Thanks
    ...supermachines. rebuild it better

Quote Originally Posted by peterson76 View Post
    Hello,

If anyone is interested in turning on options in the 850SX, here is some info.

There may be a different way to do it but I come from a hardware background so I dig into hardware instead of software.

I read the eeproms on the memory card and have located the option bits, reprogrammed and reinstalled the eeprom (in a socket) and it all works fine.

I will not post too much in case no one cares!

These controls are old and all but impossible to get support from the maker. Otherwise I would suggest going through proper channels for option upgrades.

IS THIS GUY STILL AROUND? ANYBODY KNOW? ID LIKE TO KNOW