585,954 active members*
4,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Boundary box from 9.1 to X?

Boundary box from 9.1 to X?

Hi,

In 9.1 whenever I made a toolpath, it would ask me for the bounding box. The toolpath would then cut everything out from inside that box around the cad drawing, but I cannot find this on X. Is there a completely different function that does this now?

Sebastian

are you talking about tool boundry were you were prompted after setting in paramters in a surface tool path.

if so this is not prompted but is set from were the window that shows all the surface that have been picked or you can go back out from the peramater page and set it.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Hi Cadcam,

Yes that is the one. I noticed in the parameters box, there is a containement boundary selection but it does not do the same. Here is an example: in 9.1 if you had a cylinder to machine and you set the boundary box to be a square that was bigger than the cylinder. You setup the code so that it only machines half way through the square height wise and then you select your boundary box. Your final product would have a square base, and half way through would be the cylinder with all of the material removed around it. In X, I can't get it to remove the excess material, it only cuts the cad drawing which would be circular cut path with vertiacal plunges. So basically, the question is how to get the toolpath to cut everything inside of the boundary box that you setup to be your stock size.

Thanks

Sebastian

you need to use Surface rough pocket like you would in V9 the use the rectangle boundry and you can tell it to plunge outside the boundry.
    to control the depth use the button marked Depth cuts the use absolut and set the top of the blovk and then the depth were you want it to stop.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .