584,861 active members*
4,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > Cubify design upgrade path to Design elements?

Cubify design upgrade path to Design elements?

I purchased the 200 dollar cubify design ( formerly alibre PE i think) a few months ago. Recently I've begun wanting to be able to export igs files and of course that is not an option with cubify design. I was curious if anyone knew if there was an upgrade path to go from Cubify design to Alibre design elements? It would be quite a bummer if I bought a 200 dollar software that doesn't do what I need.

Thanks much,
    Brian

Why not just call Geomagic and ask?

Mike

Because I posted the question on a Saturday and they aren't answering the phone when I did try to call. Today is sunday and they aren't picking up either. I figured maybe someone on here might know so I could get the information before I call again on Monday.

I don't think there is an upgrade path between those two products; at least there's nothing about it in my dealer kit. But if it helps, I can give you $100 discount off of Elements.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com ? Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software

Did you ever find any thing out. I heard they have a $50 upgrade for export options not sure what files you get though.

Depending on whether or not you have a maint. contract, you could upgrade at the first of the year to Geo Magic Elements which does allow you to export in a bunch of different formats. If you didnt have a maint. contract you would have to buy it again for like 399. I happened to have the contract and got the upgrade for free and it works great. Hope that helps

Elements is only $399 to upgrade from cubify design?

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I don't think there is an upgrade path between those two products; at least there's nothing about it in my dealer kit. But if it helps, I can give you $100 discount off of Elements.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com ? Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software
    Can you give me some prices in a pm on cubify design or geomagic elements if possible

You can call Tracy at GeoMagic for firmer prices but this is what I got via an email after the update to Elements.

GEOMAGIC DESIGN (Alibre 2014) IS HERE!!!!!
    I have attached a PDF with all the great features

Subscription Renewal Rates are...

Geomagic Design (Expert) $399
    or $749 for 2 years or $999 for 3 Years
    Expert users may add the new Dynamics for only $199

Geomagic Elements (Pro) $299
    or $549 for 2 years or $749 for 3 Years
    Pro users need an upgrade to Expert? only $1099

4 month pay plan available (you get all the features instantly)

Those prices that Nate quotes above are mostly about renewing ones maintenance subscription on various versions of Geomagic design, not for upgrading the products. I did check to make sure, and there's no upgrade path between Cubify Design ($199) and Geomagic Elements ($999) or Geomagic Design ($1999). They won't sell export options individually either. You can upgrade from Elements to Design, though. Dynamics is a new feature that's available in Design only, which lets you include moving parts like spherical joints and bevel gears to a mechanism and animate them in real time. We do offer a discount off the list prices above, although these products are not listed on my site yet (but will be soon).

Andrew Werby
    301 Moved Permanently
    Andrew Werby
    Website