I would really appreciate some guidance from the more experienced folks on here, Im at the head scratching stage !
Problem I have is that when I do multiple small cuts, 5mm long using a centre drill, engraving 20 slots -0.15mm deep around a 10mm dia cylinder to form a knurl if you like ? my machine loses steps.
My X6 velocity is set to 1500 MM/M on X & Y, 1200 MM/M on Z, ramp is set to 200, all axis seam to lose steps when almost cutting fresh air ? I have reduced the velocity to 1000 but the outcome is the same. Having limited experience with cnc and programing I wonder if I am overlooking something obvious to you more experienced folks ? I dont have any obvious step problems machining bigger parts using more aggressive cuts.
I wonder -
When programming should I not include a G00 when the machine wont hit max before ramping down to the next coordinate? during rapids we only reach about 700 MM/M. My Z cuts -0.15 deep and retracts to 0.250 while the fourth axes turns in readiness for the next pass.
Is it my machine ? am I pushing it too hard or expecting too much ? If it's me and my lack of experience please don't hold back, I need to learn.
Any help would be appreciated.
Eddie