585,982 active members*
4,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Retrofitting 2006 VF2 with Renishaw Probe and toolsetter

Retrofitting 2006 VF2 with Renishaw Probe and toolsetter

Hello....I am interested in purchasing a used 2006 VF2 and one of the options I would really like is the probing system. Unfortunately this machine does not have it installed from the factory so I am trying to determine what I need to retrofit this machine other than the probing hardware itself. I do know the machine has Visual Quick Code Programming System, spindle orientation, Coordinate Rotation and Scaling, and User Definable Macros installed. Is there additional software that needs to be purchased from HAAS?

Thanks for your help,
    Jim

For a 2006 it shouldn't be much of an issue, but it also depends on what system you want; Wireless or Wired. For the wireless, your dealer will be able to sell you a system but depending on how your machine is configured, you may also need a new I/O board and possibly new control software.

If you can find a wired system, no longer available through Haas, you will probably be better off becuse you will most likely not need any other upgrades.

It would be best to call Haas and give them the serial number to the machine you are looking at and have them look up the machine specs and compare them to what is required to accomodate the probe system.

Good luck!

BTW, if you can do the wireless, go for it over the wired. Much less hassle not having to deal with the cable.

Thanks so much for your reply, unfortunately I just found out this morning the seller sold the machine over the weekend so looks like Im back on the hunt. Ideally I would like to buy a machine with the probe pre-installed so I will look around some more.