585,705 active members*
4,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Arrow 500 year 2000 real time board battery needs changed...... HELP

Cincinnati Arrow 500 year 2000 real time board battery needs changed...... HELP

Does anyone know how to change the battery on the real-time board without loosing the parameter's? have been told cannot be done without machine powered. if someone has the parameter's for this year of machine that would be helpful then I can remove the battery and just reinstall the parameters. Or if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about changing the batteries need help ASAP. thank you.
    please contact me at lenardoinc @ gmail . com attn: tasheica. thanks guys for your help!

you have ana vickers a2100?

i will suggest sending out to brett malberg forgot his user name on here
    this is his email address [email protected] i had the same issue and final sent it to him fixed it fast and very reasonable

Also I was finding solutions same problem. But still I didn't get proper answer.

Brett goes by "maverick" on here. Good man too.

The FivesMSI-Cincinnati Tech Support number is 1-859-534-4750
    For the UK built Verticals ask for Greg Wood; if Greg is out ask for Mike Trunk
    Please have your machine serial Number i.e. "70xx-x0x-xx0123"; Model Type i.e. "ERO" and control Schematics i.e. "9120xxxx" from the back plate on the outside of the electrical cabinet.

If the real-time CPU is good and working, to change the battery it must be powered up on a bench using a power supply similar to the one in the control. Be careful to verify the voltage setting on the power supply 230/115 before applying power! If the CMOS is lost due to a low battery, or someone who accidentally changed it; Fives charges $300 USD to reprogram it on a bench using a floppy and then we test it in a simulator. If you lose the WS-CPU bios, call us with the board part number 3-424-xxxxAxx and we can email it to you. You must have a PC style keyboard to put in the new values. Tech Support is only a call away.

Re: Cincinnati Arrow 500 year 2000 real time board battery needs changed...... HELP

Take a meter and measure the DC voltage on the battery while it is in the board. It should be 3.3 VDC if new. If it is much lower you can purchase a 2 new batteries of the same number and purchase a battery holder. We solder leads on the battery holder and attach it in parallel with a new battery to the existing battery terminals. As long as you maintain 3.3 VDC on the battery terminals on the board with the new battery in the battery holder you can take out the old battery in the board and replace it. You can remove the battery holder leads and you should be good to go. IF at anytime you do not maintain 3.3 VDC on the board you will loose the BIOS.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Re: Cincinnati Arrow 500 year 2000 real time board battery needs changed...... HELP

Hello, prior to change baterry you need note all of BIOS settings. If you have "newer" RT board with power management, its must be set off, setting any interrupts and so on, may be necessary after batt. change. RT board propably have not any VGA driver, so you need older VGA card with ISA edge, optionally older power source too. Disassemble RT board from system, put on your table, connect with keyboard (this may be older "DIN" than MiniDIN, but you can rewire/resolder to DIN),source and monitor of course, and enter to BIOS setup. By your phone make photo of all BIOS settings. THEN, after done this, change batt, turn on, enter to BIOS and rewrite it's parameters, as you photographed it. On older boards without PM you propably not need this, but do it. By my opnion, you may recognize board with PM, chips will be soldered newer technology than SMD, so pins on all edges of chipset can not see, because it is below the chip(s). As I said, cooly note settings in any case.
    BUT:
    If you got any problem, for example error message about RT board communication after try of system kick up, i have some jpg's of vary version of RT(BIOS "screenshots"). Mail me if needed.
    tom

I have two machine, long time no working ,
    when connect again so:
    two machine all have problem
    think lost WS-CPU bios, issue realtime, and hight density I/o fail.
    - once machine mouse run tumbledown click anything control too fast can't use.
    - once machine z brake not release, I no see 110 v on coil
    can you help me. !
    my mail: [email protected]
    machine no1: 7042-AOB-RA-1665 ; have control ( model no: P51A-ST1-E, serial no: 51-A21001y-4644)
    machine no2: 7042-AOB-RM-1592 ; have control ( model no: P51A-ST1-E, serial no: 51-A21001y-4354)

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    Take a meter and measure the DC voltage on the battery while it is in the board. It should be 3.3 VDC if new. If it is much lower you can purchase a 2 new batteries of the same number and purchase a battery holder. We solder leads on the battery holder and attach it in parallel with a new battery to the existing battery terminals. As long as you maintain 3.3 VDC on the battery terminals on the board with the new battery in the battery holder you can take out the old battery in the board and replace it. You can remove the battery holder leads and you should be good to go. IF at anytime you do not maintain 3.3 VDC on the board you will loose the BIOS.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    So if you can hook up both batteries while you pull out the old one do you know a safe range ( max volts allowed ) that it can handle combined?