585,883 active members*
5,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HAAS DT-1 "Blue Screen"

Attachment 227214

I have a HAAS DT-1 with Ethernet option. When the have Ethernet cable is plugged in, it blue screens for no apparent reason. At the time the machine was idle, no one was using.

I have created new files/directories in the shared directory on the network and I was able to browse and see the directory. I ping <ipaddress> -t and there are not dropped packets. Funny thing is that I still get a ping even when the blue scree it up.

I machine doesn't blue screen when i browse or copy files from the Net Share, seems like it's only doing it when it's idle.

I have attached screenshot of the error message. If anyone need a hi-res screenshot let me know.

Thanks in advance

Are you using a static ip or DHCP?

On our brand new smm2 we got constant blue screens using dhcp. Static ip fixed the blue screen problems but still has issues connecting at power up. We must connect an reconnect ethernet cable after machine is powered up.

Steve

DHCP...i will try it with static IP.

I'm assuming this machine is no longer under warranty? If the DHCP wasn't the issue you could have a enet/floppy firmware glitch or possibly an issue on the board itself, you should contact your local HFO if the problem persists.

Brand new machine. DHCP is not the issue. I isolated the machine on it's own network. I hooked up the machine to a router and a laptop with a shared directory. I simulated what an operator would do. I ran wireshark the entire time capturing packets, hoping for a blue screen. Nothing, worked like a charm the entire time.

Hooked up the machine to the company network and used the same laptop and shared directory. For a while it worked great. Then it started blue screening. What's frustrating is that the machine was on the "Memory" tab, "Net-Share" wasn't being used. At time the machine would blue screen at start up. Wireshark didn't raise any red flags.

Re: HAAS DT-1 "Blue Screen"

Call the dealer. I have a non ethernet machine and had odd screen problems that were firmware issues.
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet