585,970 active members*
4,519 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

A2100 startup problem

On power up this is what we are getting (see below) and below the errors is what we have tried to fiix the issue or at least isolate it, any help would be appreciated.

ERRORS IN ORDER OF EVENT

1: APPLICATION ERROR. APPLICATION STARTUP TIMEOUT. THE EXE NAME IS CNC.EXE

2: INTERNAL ERROR AN ERROR OCCURRED COMMUNICATING TO THE REALTIME SUBSYSTEM ON CHANNEL. STR_RT_CHANNEL_ID. THE ERROR IS 0x80005

3: MWLIST.VBX (S_CURPOS_PGM[0]). VALUE SIZE IS ZERO……. THIS REPEATS A FEW TIMES SOMETIMES

ALL BOARDS THAT CAN EASILY BE REMOVED WERE AND CLEANED AND A NEW HARD DRIVE WITH A KNOWN WORKING CLONE OF OP WAS INSTALLED AND GOT SAME ERRORS

Thanks

Rick.

Often the first alarm is the cause, it almost looks like there is the EXE file missing or corrupted?
    Or loss of communication with one of the sub boards?
    Tried Siemens support?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks Al

we did replace the hard drive with a known good clone, so I think we ruled out a corupted file, we are still digging into the connections between boards and racks as we have had problems there before, just not this one.

Rick

I don't recall seeing this series of alarms before, but based on recent experience, any time there is a communication issue with the RT board it is worth looking into whether the batteries are low, or if they have been changed recently.

Many of these controls are at the age that the WS and RT batteries are starting to fail (or people are changing the batteries without knowing they will lose the BIOS).

Thanks Maver1ck

Can you enlighten me on the proceedure of changing the battery. I don't want to lose any thiing. I know some controllers (old fanuc) you change out batteries only with the power on etc. And the Cinci 850 controller you have a few minutes to change them out with power off. But as we only have one 2100 we have never done this before and don't want to back up from where we are now....so any insight would be helpful.

Thanks
    Rick.

Unfortunately these aren't as simple to change as the older Fanuc or Cincinnati controls you mentioned. In some cases, the battery is soldered to the board, so you have to be competent at working on circuit boards to change them.

From my perspective, if you don't have all the hardware and software necessary to flash the BIOS, you are better off not pulling the battery in the first place. If you are comfortable working with circuit boards, you can check the voltage without removing the battery. If it is getting low, you need to consider having the battery replaced before it fails.

For the WS board, in most cases you can enter the BIOS when the control boots up. Once there, document every setting on every page, so when the BIOS resets to defaults, you can change them all back.

For the RT board, if you pull the battery (or it goes dead), the BIOS itself is lost (not just the settings), and must be re-flashed, so I do not recommend people do this themselves. This is a service I provide to my customers, so if your battery is low and you are interested, send me a PM and we can work something out.

Maver1ck,

I work with Rick and taking over this issue. I sent you a PM about this issue we are having.

Thanks,
    Brian Pugh

same problems

hey rick did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Got our repair guru coming in tomorrow, looks like a real time board issue. We narrowed it down by unplugging everything from the realtime board and the error still persisted. Evidently our repair guy has seen this type error caused by something as simple as a bad keyboard due to some stray metal chips getting down in the keys. So seems we ruled out everything but the realtime board. Will find out tomorrow and let you know.

Turns out it was a bad bridge board. Our service guy started swapping boards out with known working boards and this was the result.

Re: A2100 startup problem

Hello,
    Can you help me please with an image system (ghost) for CNC Acramatic 2100 for Cincinnati Milacron Lancer 1500 or installation kit for application?
    The application is corrupt, starts with errors!
    Windows NT starts and works correctly.
    Could someone put the image to a ftp server or to a transfer sites? I’ll be very gratefull!
    Thank you!
    [email protected]

I would suggest that you contact FIVES machine 1-800-934-0735 to order a new hard drive (solid state drive) and the MAI software for your exact machine/control with the options you paid for. You can't use just any software that may not be compatible with your machine and have the same options. It just doesn't work like that.

Mike cncmachineservices (dot) com

Quote Originally Posted by tib33 View Post
    Hello,
    Can you help me please with an image system (ghost) for CNC Acramatic 2100 for Cincinnati Milacron Lancer 1500 or installation kit for application?
    Once you get it back, I suggest getting a spare H.D. and use Acronis S/W or? to make a clone copy for future event.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I've been using the IDE to SD card drive on old machines lately. Super cheap, and if there is a problem, eject the card and throw a new one in. Class 10 work well. I've been getting the drives off amazon for ~10.00.

sent from me

I would suggest that you contact FIVES machine 1-800-934-0735 to order a new hard drive (solid state drive) and the MAI software for your exact machine/control with the options you paid for. You can't use just any software that may not be compatible with your machine and have the same options. It just doesn't work like that.

Mike cncmachineservices (dot) com

I got sick of stupid battery issues a couple of weeks ago, so I grabbed two coin battery sockets from the stock room and soldered 6 inch pigtail leads to them. Then I tack soldered the leads to the cmos battery socket terminals on the back side of the mother boards. Now all I have to do is pop in a life support battery in the external socket and then replace the on-board battery. Then I can remove the external battery, drop the dangling external socket into a baby ziplock bag and tape it to the board chassis to insulate it. I then taped a little chart to the computer housing with the date I changed the battery, it'll now be changed yearly. God as my witness I'll never flash again!