585,692 active members*
3,974 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Machine Control Operation, no gcode output

I've been trying to set up machine control operation to run a bar puller on a lathe. Everything seems to be set up correctly including Machine ID file but for some reason when generating gcode for this operation only the start and end of file/job comes out as if machine control operation is suppressed.
    Is there an option or postprocessor/preprocessor feature that I'm missing?
    The only thing I could find is that in the postprocessor the start of job under job_type can be "machine control operation".
    I do see toolpath lines when setting up movements under machine control operation but it looks like the operation is not being passed to post processor. When I run simulation I don't see any tool movement however and on the tree the preview box is permanently checked and grayed out, see picture.
    Attachment 227332

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Im trying to edit my post processor . Ive had the same problems for different views in 4th axis. Its because one of the files .prp .gpp are not configured correctly for your controller.

I think it would be a good idea to post out a program that uses the MCO function with 'trace' set to 'all' and see what variables the CAM is passing to the post. Then you can build something into your post using those variables to get the code output you desire.

Re: Machine Control Operation, no gcode output

hi,

Send prz.file on [email protected]

Re: Machine Control Operation, no gcode output

the reason you cant check to see it on the screen is because there isn't any tool movement. or better put is no tool path no preview. if you want to see movement you will need to run the machine simulation.

ive got the same problem, I'm trying to program A and C axis rotation in machine control operations window but when I play simulation nothing happens, also in g code there is no command at all, except start and end of program.

Hello. How I can turn on or include "machine Control Operation" in post (Solidcam)?