585,712 active members*
3,780 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

best laser engravers

Hi there,

I have a bit of an obscure project that will need the use of a laser engraver and have a few questions about it.
    Can a laser actually engrave metal? Or are people calling products like Thermark laser engraving?
    Basically I want a silver sheet engraved with a complex design then have the sheet gold plated, would this be possible? Would you be able to clearly distinguish the pattern under the gold plating? If one knows the best way to achieve this would love to here from you.

laser markers( fiber or yag) are professional to engrave on metal.
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected] [email protected] skype:melody.gweike

So my idea is possible then? Do you know of a company that offer one off service ?

What a bull****.
    Laser markers ( fiber or yag) DO NOT ENGRAVE. Markers marks.
    That means lasers like fiber or YAG only change color of metal.
    Or cuts if you use more power.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

co2 laser engraver is not good idea on metal,so fiber or yag is better
    [H]Ms Tina Lee ----G.weike laser

Email: [email protected]
    MSN:[email protected]
    WEB:www.wklaser.com

thunderlaser Guest
    Hi
    If you want to engraving some text or simply graphics on metal by using thermark, it is ok for you
    But you want engraved with a complex design (especially some very small letters) on gold plated, also you want to clearly distinguish the pattern under the gold plating, i think that the laser engravers is not a good idea for you
    Thermark is only covered a layer of oxide layer on the metal(silver or gold), it can't do the results that you want.
    The laser marking(fiber) will be better for you

Sincerely
    Tom
    Thunderlaser- leading provider of laser cutter and laser engraver from China

If it a a one off send it out to a metal engraving company, there's hundreds out there just do a google search

Re: best laser engravers

Fiber lasers do indeed engrave. Just look at some of the 1911 slides that have been engraved by laser. Fiber lasers can also be used to cut metals although slow as compared to other methods.\
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)