585,759 active members*
3,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Selecting Multiple Parts As Stock

Selecting Multiple Parts As Stock

Hello,

Fairly new to Mastercam. My current version is MC7.

I want to be able to select multiple parts as stock. I have a four sided tombstone with one part on each side. When selecting the stock under the Machine Group tab, it only allows me to select one part. I have tried selecting the stock from file button but the imported file loads far away from my current solid model, and I cant get them to line up perfectly.

My end goal is to be able to hit the verify button and show all four parts being machined. Right now due to only being able to select one part, I only see one part machined. If anyone could help me out, I would be very thankful!

-Michael

Quote Originally Posted by chronie View Post
    I want to be able to select multiple parts as stock. I have a four sided tombstone with one part on each side. When selecting the stock under the Machine Group tab, it only allows me to select one part. I have tried selecting the stock from file button but the imported file loads far away from my current solid model, and I cant get them to line up perfectly.
    My end goal is to be able to hit the verify button and show all four parts being machined. Right now due to only being able to select one part, I only see one part machined. If anyone could help me out
    Simplest method is to create 1 solid entity that is connected to each part, ie the tombstone combined with each stock.... or each stock piece connected ( like a weather vane and how the N,S,E & W are connected ).

if using a separate file, note the plane used that is defining your stock ( top of the "Stock" page )

Hey Superman,

Thanks for the reply! I made the parts in Solidworks. I will try your method tomorrow.

Thanks again!

-Michael