585,668 active members*
4,159 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

StepFour SFC-2 controller using Mach 3 ????

Hi,
    I've come across an old thread which deals with pin settings for getting a StepFour SFC-2 controller to operated under Mach 3

I have recently connected my StepFour Basic 540 to a Mach 3 control computer, having previously ran it on the DOS based StepFour software. I couldn't believe how straight froward it was ! However, my Basic 540 uses a VFD controlled spindle and I would like to connect the VFD to the SFC-2 control box to automate this also. I am assuming that I use the serial socket to connect it but does anyone know what the settings (pins etc) to produce the 0 - 10v signal feed. I am also struggling to find the pin settings for the relay controls from the SFC-2.
    Any help or pointers will be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Ali
    Motors are fueled by smoke - when the smoke's gone away, it's damned hard to get them going again!

Re: StepFour SFC-2 controller using Mach 3 ????

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Kat View Post
    Hi,
    I've come across an old thread which deals with pin settings for getting a StepFour SFC-2 controller to operated under Mach 3

I have recently connected my StepFour Basic 540 to a Mach 3 control computer, having previously ran it on the DOS based StepFour software. I couldn't believe how straight froward it was ! However, my Basic 540 uses a VFD controlled spindle and I would like to connect the VFD to the SFC-2 control box to automate this also. I am assuming that I use the serial socket to connect it but does anyone know what the settings (pins etc) to produce the 0 - 10v signal feed. I am also struggling to find the pin settings for the relay controls from the SFC-2.
    Any help or pointers will be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Ali
    Hi, I also have a stepfour. I managed to move it with mach3. How are you doing with the VFD? We can talk about the machines if you want. Greetings !