585,970 active members*
4,519 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Central machinery mill CNC conversion?

Central machinery mill CNC conversion?

Would this mill make a good canidate for a CNC conversion?
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=40939
    Thanks

I think so. I was wanting to buy that, but am not able to keep a 700 pound machine around, so had to get an X3. The Knee of that mill especially makes it a very attractive candidate for CNC in my opinion. Travel is not huge, but I bet it is rock solid

I'm looking at this machine as well... i'm planning to use it manual for a while so i can learn the milling process... and then i'll figure out how to convert it to cnc... anyone else thought about this machine, or have one?
    Grizzly X3, CNC Fusion Ballscrew kit, 3 500oz-in bipolar steppers, 3 203v Gecko's, Linear power supply from Hubbard CNC, Mach 3, BOBcad Pro Art V22, Rhino.

if you do a search there was another guy who converted one of those and his step by step is on this site.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11374

thats a really nice conversion.. i did do several searches and never found that thread.. thanks!
    Grizzly X3, CNC Fusion Ballscrew kit, 3 500oz-in bipolar steppers, 3 203v Gecko's, Linear power supply from Hubbard CNC, Mach 3, BOBcad Pro Art V22, Rhino.

I really like that mill. I just wish it had a couple inches more Y travel.