we bought a excel 14t24 its suppose to be a 60x30x30 when we fired it up we get 72" in the x by 32 in the z which is cool. we bought it sight unseen the machine has NO documentation what so ever..
after a month of cleaning and doing some adjustments and 2 weeks of trying to figure out what parameters do what.
the biggest pain was the tool changer. adjustment as the z axis motor was taken off and not marked and we didn't know what height to set it for tool changing. it has a side mount tool changer. now the guy told me it was a bt 40 but I am not sure due to the following.
the tool arm to the sidemount tool holder is stationary, the head can be adjusted by parameter for the right height ( which we eyeballed.) have no problem taking the tool in and out of spindle and putting in tool pocket
However when I try to pull a tool out of tool pocket the tool arm is too high needs to drop about 1/8" inch or so.(then we can adjust the head) in doing so when I drop the tool arm the release buttons on the tool arm don't work. so this has me thinking its a cat 40 as the v groove is higher which I can put the tool bar back to the position to the release pins work.

on the info that the company sent me they said it was a bt-40, they just couldn't find any manuals at there many plants in the USA. there is no sticker or panel on the plate that that says so .
anyone have any ideas how to tell.if its a bt or a cat 40
better yet anyone have this machine that I could email some questions too?

thanks in advance.

Delw