585,977 active members*
4,115 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Totally lost in here! Just wanted some references.

Totally lost in here! Just wanted some references.

I don't even know if I'm posting in the right place, folks, so apologies for that to begin. Been looking on here since last summer to find out if I even want to build my own CNC mill (or router, whatever). I used to use them at work before I was forced into retirement. Might as well construct my own, right? Well, everyone's using terms which are foreign to me, and some people are really, REALLY into this stuff!

What I want to do is make some parts out of wood, plastic, and maybe thin aluminum (1/4" max) for R/C models and high powered model rockets. Can't find an all-inclusive list (table, motors, controllers, etc.) to pick apart and make this affordable for me. Looking at maybe a 1' by 2' workpiece size, at the most. If anyone can point me to the right forum, or refer me to some nice plans, builds, and such, that would be most appreciated. I was a toolmaker for 32 years, but never had to go and dig into the electronic guts of some of our machines. Feeling very intimidated.

Joe

cncrouterparts.com

I was at their physical location a couple of days ago. They may have something to fit your needs.
    Most of this stuff can be scaled to fit your needs.
    Contact Cory through their website.

Probably you Look at proxxon mf70 and get an Cnc Kit for it if i get the 1" 2" right ,..

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

He's looking for something a bit larger; the mf70 can handle parts 1"x 2" (that's inches, which each are 25.4mm). But he wants a machine with an envelope of 1'x 2' (that's feet, which are each 304.8mm long). This arcane Imperial measuring system is a bit confusing for people in the rest of the world...
    Andrew Werby
    Website

My Brother in law is irish there they have Stones and other funny measures .. right from Middle age ..

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Awerby there is an Kit which has Bigger envelope i use One of this for Covers and pcb s Proxxon MF70 220 CNC - USOVO.de

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk