584,798 active members*
4,261 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Need Helical Interpolation example for Heidenhain TNC355

Need Helical Interpolation example for Heidenhain TNC355

Looking for helical interpolation code examples for heidenhain controller - need to do some thread milling. Needs to be in G-Code (ISO) format. Thank you!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by soweebee
    Looking for helical interpolation code examples for heidenhain controller - need to do some thread milling. Needs to be in G-Code (ISO) format. Thank you!

Ron
    Check this http://www.dormertools.com/

Download the product selector. There are a function in the selector that creates threadmilling code,(CncPost I think it is) both iso and heidenhain.

Question Thread Milling Code

Hey I must be stupid or something, just can't find this function, please help

Dunno why people are so married to g code, Korean war tech.

CP IA1080 Z-.5 F100 or somesuch, not at a machine, have to hit the axis key after entering the degrees as it does not pop up the way it usually does

pretty damn simple

helical

found it, gives all the code, any idea how to get my post processor to produce this code (mastercam V9) feelin lucky.... one other thing i want to do is drill some holes, rotate the 4th axis and drill some more, any idea how I rotate the axis by a set number of degrees?

lawrence. Can you share what you found? Im looking for helical interpolation ig G-code too