585,994 active members*
4,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with Fanuc OM DNC upload

When in edit mode on a Fanuc OM control trying to upload prog from laptop, LSK flashes momentarily followed by COMPARE. Then an 071 alarm is activated. Maybe someone can help me with this procedure and advise what is going wrong. Thanks!

My list shows 'Program not found' are you trying to over write a program? or try giving it a different prgm #.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Check the memory protect key switch. When you try to load a program into memory with the key switch on causes it to go into "Compare" mode. Compare mode only compares the incoming data with a program that's already in memory. With the key switch off, the incoming data is saved in memory (providing, of course that the program number isn't already used).

Thank you

Gents - thank you. I will check both

A little more help please

Great, I managed today to upload the prog into the control. Now how do I execute the prog? I changed to 'AUTO' and pressed the output start key - LSK started flashing (and carried on flashing for a significant time) but nothing happened. What do I need to do?

Also, is it good practice to give each upload prog a unique number or delete each prog from memory? My DNC software assigns a default prog number (which is always the same number!) and if this number exists already in memory on the Fanuc OM it rejects it with an 071 alarm. If it is best to delete old progs from memory please advise how. Why is it the manuals do not cover anything on DNC? Is there a third-party book on the subject?
    Thanks for the help in advance.

If LSK is flashing that is program I/O you want to be in memory and press cycle start.
    this is from the manual.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

No cycle start button on control

Hi Al,
    I do not have a cycle start button on my control - just output start. I can take a pic of the control, as I understand it is not the most commonly fitted OM. Thanks for the pdf I will go through it carefully, and do not appear to have this chapter in my manuals.
    Darryl

Hi Darrylh

There's an option in parameters to overwrite new progs

Parameter #15 BIT6 (second one in fromthe left)

from the book..
    1: When the program with the same program number in memory is registered through the reader/puncher interface, the alarm does not occur and the program is replaced.

yours will be set to 0

Must go and do that on mine

I would like to know from darrylh what kind of software he is using to upload/download programs. Did you make a cable yourself? Did you have to change any of the parameter settings on your controller?

Thanks

H~

Problems solved on OM Mate control

I have now solved the problems with the machine and am cutting metal from uploaded progs. It seems I have an OM Mate control, which has no cycle start just the output start button. To change from memory/upload mode there is a DNC switch (OFF/ON) in the operators menu on the screen. One has to switch DNC off when the prog has been uploaded before the prog can be executed. Once done, the output start kicks off the prog. Those that offered me help just told me I would have the find the cycle start button! (there aint one on this control - FACT. No need looking for it).
    I have used several DNC packages. When using Mastercam, because it does not have its own DNC element (Doh!) I use Multi DNC (which is free). The other CADCAM packages I use have their own proprietary element of DNC. I have used Hyperterminal also and that works fine. I had to sync baud/stop bit and parity on the DNC with the parameters on the machine (4800/1/even). I found I only had to alter param 552, which is baud.
    I got a cabling company to make up the cable from a wiring diag I found on the net, but I see now that cables for fanuc are listed on Ebay - or were a couple of weeks ago.

Question CNC-PC transfer problems

Hello,

I also have (I am pretty sure) a Fanuc OM controller. I downloaded a copy of the cadem NClite software. I am able to transfer CNC to PC, but I am having a lot of problems going the other way. I was able to get a file transferred once but I cannot repeat the process.

I am trying to set the CNC to input mode by pressing:
    O, prog# (0005), INPUT
    Is that right?
    Then I press transfer on the software.
    I then get a software error saying: The I/O thread has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
    I push ok.
    It opens a dialog box and I transfer the file.
    It gives a start time, finish time, number of lines
    No file is transferred entered into the CNC
    and I get 085 error.

I have tried some other sequences of inputing and I am generally getting errors 073 (overwrite) and 085 (baud rate error). I have gotten a partial file a few times.

I checked the baud rate in param 252? and it matches my settings on the software. (4800)
    I cannot seem to change it though, I get the flashing "=" and push the number then INPUT but nothing changes.

Does anything look wrong to any of you all?

Thanks,

Hawke

you have to set software to recive before transfering out of machine

Hello,

I think I have this working now from PC to CNC.
    I have eliminated the "The I/O thread has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request."
    message by disconecting and then reconecting the maching on the NClite control panel. After that it seems to load on to the CNC normally.
    I have no clue why the message is there in the first place.
    If I do a second transfer I do not seem to have to disconnect/connect agian.

Thanks

Hawke

Hello, My friends
    Can You help me?
    I have FANUC O-MF controller,and a easyDNCXp comminications program
    Data imput -output is OK, but I cannot switch-on the DNC on the controller
    Do anybody know the parameters????
    It' very urgent...

Thanks

Jano

Quote Originally Posted by kiss View Post
    Hello, My friends
    Can You help me?
    I have FANUC O-MF controller,and a easyDNCXp comminications program
    Data imput -output is OK, but I cannot switch-on the DNC on the controller
    Do anybody know the parameters????
    It' very urgent...

Thanks

Jano
    Does your control include a TAPE mode for the switch that selects MEMORY, EDIT, MDI etc?

Regards,

Bill

Hello Bill

Thit is my problem: no switch no key to the "tape" ...to the "DNC" ...to the "RMT"

I have only : Auto..edit..MDI..Jog..Home..Handle--keys

I think I have to change param,but I dont know which param
    The machine is 20 years old...
    The service is dumb...the machine builder is dumb

thanks

Jano