585,735 active members*
4,638 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Need help with my doosan puma 400 m

Need help with my doosan puma 400 m

When i started working as a welder at our small mechanical workshop in norway i was the only one who had education in cnc programming. During the past years we had many different self taught operators and some nasty crashes. So when i started i knew that i had some alignment to do. I checked the turret inclination and offset, the main spindle and the tailstock. Eweryting was out of alignment. The turret had turned as mutch as 0.35mm out of its correct position.
    The problem is that i have not done this in a long time and not in a doosan before so i have a few questions. i couldent find the adjusting screws for the main spindle as they are shown in the instruction manual. Then to the turret inclination. I could not find the 2 bolts and the 2 adjusting screws as they are shown in the manual. Im not shure if the drawings in the manual are inaccurate or what it is but i just cannot find the screws. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?
    I called our contact at the company that sold the machine but they did not want to help me so all help is mutch appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

What is the serial number of the Puma 400M?
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Re: Need help with my doosan puma 400 m

Gongo999 I have done a realignment on turret and head stock . Let me start by saying the bolts u are probably looking for are behind the front left panel . looking at the machine there is a unlock set screw to take the panel off take the panel off and look down the two adjustment screws are right there. Remember this is a push and pull type system . email me if you have any questions. On the turret u will have to take off the cover on the right side of the turret loosen the 6 bolts with the 17mm and there is a push and pull system on this as well u have to take the cover off the is under the turret it is hard to get to but it is a black cover and there is a push bolt on the bottom and there is a pull bolt on the top
    email me if u have any issues [email protected]