Well long time sine I have been on here. Built a plasma table that eventually found a life as a wood router back in 2006. Amazing how time flies. I managed to purchase a new toy.

Attachment 229640

I am not sure whats under the plastic bag, or the box, also not sure why the paint is black where the cable runs next to the head, if its welded or something that would be a bummer. cant see anything more till i get to see it in person on Saturday

Half the reason I tried to get it was posts on here about pretty simple conversions. I hope I bought the right tooling. I have no clue about any of it. For what I paid it may just go to scrap. But I hope I can reserect it.

I have skimmed thorugh some threads for hours and many discuss the running on 220 single but there is a mystical diagram around I cant seem to find. I am hoping others share and help me through all this.

I already have gecko 320x's i got from a friend for free after his mill project went south. I hope to document things as good as I can to help others. These are really cheap machines and if the conversion is as easy As i hope they would be great candidates for allot of people.

Here is the tooling i bought. I read they were kwik switch 200 on the machine. I rolled the dice figuring i can sell the pieces on ebay.

Attachment 229642

So to start the thread:

I pick it up on Sat. not sure how the rigger is going to get it on a car trailer with wheel wells but we will see. In-case some are wondering here is the cost so far.

Mill $152
Rigging $200
Tooling $180

Auction Fees $33

No for some this may seem high for the risk, But I know i can get prob 300 or more scrapping, its about 140 miles from me so some fuel. I am hoping since i got the geckos for free maybe i can be running for less than 1k. We shall see

Thanks

Tim