585,668 active members*
3,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > BattleAxe "aka" Ball and Chain "aka" the wife.
Page 1 of 3 123

BattleAxe "aka" Ball and Chain "aka" the wife.

Well I thought I,d get this post going as a way to vent some steam. A couple of years ago, right when I just started my own(glass)business I married a beautiful little filapina girl who I met here in the states thru the lady that cuts my hair(the lady in the booth next to her is filapina and I would always joke "Hey set me up with one of those filapina's" and they did!!) Anyway we got married and lo and behold she had to go back to Philippines (becuz of Immigration) anyway a lot of money later she is here with me. Before she came back I told her that she would have to help me pay off a credit card bill which I used to borrow money to support her in the Philippines, like an apartment(which turns out she didn,t need, money that I sent her which turns out the whole nieghborhood partied that off) and she agreed to help me when she got back to the USA. Anyways I got her a cell phone awhile back and it was understood that she would pay for it. Well ya know whats funny is every time I go to collect for the bill, like this month a measely $132, she throws a big fit, we argue, and don,t speak to each other for at least 2 days. She is very beautiful, and she,s tiny and cute but STUBBORN beyond belief. Has no concept of lets work together. And the credit card bill which to no surprise I pay as much as I can and with no help from her. Now this would probably all be alright if business was good, but this year I got a surprise that I didn,t forsee, an additional 19 glass shops opened up in my area, plus about 3 out of town glass shops taking up the new condo construction work, which is pushing all the shops into my my work, which is mostly residential. So money is tight. Idid make an investment into some land which I was hoping to build a house but prices have gone thru the roof ( Thanx for voting for Bush) and I,ve got it for sale right now and hopefully we,ll get a bite soon. We,ll anyway I,m still kickin, I guess I,ll deal with the wife being the way she is after all, she is an excellent cook, the house is spotless and my clothes are clean and folded like professionally( I,m lost in the folding dept.) And she is a BRAT but I guess I luv her, uh umm yeah wrench get in there and clean them dishes......

Well, it's not a mid life crisis, but here's how things worked out for me......

Married 25 years, I took a look at my wife one day and said, "Honey, 25 years ago, we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10 inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25
    year old blond.

Now, we have a nice house, nice car, big bed and plasma
    screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 50 year old woman. It seems to me that you are not holding up your side of things."

Now, my wife is a very reasonable woman.

She told me to go out and find a hot 25 year old blond, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed.
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

That is funny I like it... Yeah well mine is a brat and I just got to deal with it, I know I don,t want to be in the statistics of divorces, so I give it my all and keep chuggin, thanx for the funny...

I sympathise with ya Zip. Sometimes you can teach them responsability and sometimes you cant.

I had a live in girlfriend once 10 years younger than me (a 5 year relationship). I should have known it was going to be a rough relationship when, on the second date, I realized, her 4 year old was more mature than she was. But she had some talents and skills (and god, she was good at that).

I figured I could raise then both to adulthood at the same time. The kid was OK, but she never matured. One day she said she wanted to move in with another guy she had been seing behind my back. I think she was a little suprised when I said. would you like to borrow the truck??? can I help you pack??? I'll even drive if you want.

Sometimes you can raise a brat and turn her into an adult, some times you have to cut your losses and give her away to someone else.

I ran into her about a year later at her mothers funeral. She had gone from 5'0", 100lbs soaking wet (or is that always wet... way different meaning I guess) to 5'0" 180lbs.

Now I have the hot blond, 17 years younger than me, and way more mature.

Steven

After only 45 years, I still introduce her as my first wife.
    Kinda keeps her on her toes.
    Regards Walt

Thats a good one Walt, Thats what I gotta do introduce her as my first wife.. And sdantonio I too had the situation you discribed with three different girls before I met my wife which is why I married her, I really don,t have to worry about her going out with another man, she's really dedicated to me, set in her ways and just plain hardheaded. Well at least today she was perfect.. but we,re on a roller coaster here so we,ll see what tomorrow brings, oh yeah I forgot she,s going to Disney World, while I work and pay all the bills she gets to go see Mickey...( I don,t really care, hell now I can go out and play with my lathe)

Married 25 years, I took a look at my wife one day and said, "Honey, 25 years ago, we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10 inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25
    year old blond.

Now, we have a nice house, nice car, big bed and plasma
    screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 50 year old woman. It seems to me that you are not holding up your side of things."

Now, my wife is a very reasonable woman.

She told me to go out and find a hot 25 year old blond, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed.
    Most guys marry for the poon and they get divorced for the same reason or lack there of.

Most women marry for the money and guess what they get to keep it when they leave!

whats in it for us?

Lets face it, its a rare woman that kepts it real after marriage.

Most of them move in so they can have more control and so they don't have to do the nasty in odd places (ie so the can get it over with) and if you were getting good action before your married, you sure arn't getting the same play after mariage! Not to mention they seam to swell up to abnormaly large proportions and cut their hair short and curl it (arg!!!).

I didn't want to get married EVER! But my wife must be a vodoo witch or something because here I am.
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Here,s the worst, they always want us to go shopping with them, ugh!!! Like tonite 3 hr adventure in Target, Jesus.. Ya know when I go shoppin, I go in I see what I want and need and it is purchased and I leave. But women they have to look at everything, I said" come on Hon, lets go" she said "wait. I look at shoes" as she is walking towards the bras and panties section. I was like in the car waiting, thank God I had a Grizzly catalog to look at....

Isn't that what they all do? I think this is common in most women. Our job is to go out, kill and drag to the cave. There's is to throw it away.

I've know this much is true:
    "Women marry men in hopes one day we change and we don't.
    Men marry women and hope they never change and they do."

JR

Quote Originally Posted by JRoque
    Isn't that what they all do? I think this is common in most women. Our job is to go out, kill and drag to the cave. There's is to throw it away.

I've know this much is true:
    "Women marry men in hopes one day we change and we don't.
    Men marry women and hope they never change and they do." :cheers:

JR
    truer words were never spoken!
    thanks
    Michael T.

Remember,
    Marriage is grand, Divorces are about a hundred grand.
    Freedom has its price!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZipSnipe
    in the car waiting, thank God I had a Grizzly catalog to look at....
    ROFL....
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

Uggg I was married 16 years last 2 years were hell always havin to work overtime in every job I got then if I am home Im interfering with her space?
    We had simular friends due to us both working same place = same friends = they are HER friends Im to go and find my own friends ?
    Haahahaha and when I do and some how if they are female the hate and the faulse gritting smile she gives them when welcoming them hahaha made me laugh so much I was on the ground laughing and crying at the same time
    When you are married you are now their property any female at any age wether related or not = JELOUSY~! Hell I got on well with all the kids related or not racin around like an idiot but it was fun not working 16 hr shifts an actually enjoying her/our time an time with our kids an others I couldnt bloody win
    Women = insanity and Ive never been with another female for over 11 years and man I am calm happy and Im not bein watched or bein told oh so so told me you were with someone over here or there !Ienjoy PC ONLINE GAMING AN MACHINERY O WELL SORRY IF YOU ARNT HAPPY BUT SUCH IS LIFE ?

Same here <, Battlefield 2 fanatic. Being married is motivating me to do one thing build my shop aka " My Fortress of Solitude" hopefully within the year.

superman must have known he would be married ahead of time to build his fortress of solitude..

Thats one smart guy! No wonder he is a superhero!
    thanks
    Michael T.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipSnipe
    Being married is motivating me to do one thing build my shop aka " My Fortress of Solitude" hopefully within the year.

I got married last year and as per my signiture below Im getting on with my workshop.....I never thought the two were related....maybe its a subconcious thing!

Incidentally....SWMBO doesn't like 'browsing' in shops any more than me which is great.

We agreed that if we get divorced we both go out of the relationship with what we brought into it so no-one really loses.....although she owned the house before she met me so I guess I'd be kinda homeless........also if any babies appear Im sure she would 'review' that one .

Its been a rollercoaster to say the least....she has trust issues and believe it or not I actually aint having any affairs!! Had an affair with online poker last year which resulted in me being both broke and often absent, but that was a bloody stupid thing to do and all my fault.....ahh well, we live and learn. If I can save any of you before it happens - :nono: DONT PLAY ONLINE POKER....DONT EVEN 'TRY' IT OUT :nono: .....Im not joking...enough said.

Well, regardless of the many ups and downs I love her....

She reluctantly goes along with all my ideas including my workshop which I hope will actually turn a profit and make life a bit more comfortable. Well, whatever happens with it, it wont be for lack of effort, sweat, or maybe even a few tears.

Edit: PS. I've been playing poker while writing this...losing...again...

Everyone knows the old line about "man the tool user"... not too many know the corollary to it: "woman the people user".

If you don't care to be used (usually to death), stay away from 'em

Tiger

If you don't care to be used (usually to death), stay away from 'em
    Comon man its ok to be used for little stretches, like say... overnight! :banana: If you know what I mean!

thanks
    Michael T.

I don't know if getting married is the worst part, you can just walk away. It's deciding to have kids that can make your life hell. I was married for about 5 years and we had a baby boy, then we were divorced 1 year later.

Don't get me wrong, I love my son to death, and last year he graduated from collage, so I feel I have done my part as a father, but I had to deal with the X for twenty years.

I remarried 11 years ago with the agreement we would have no children and it was off to the snip-snip.

Funny part was I dated my first wife for 4 years before we got married and it lasted 5 years. I knew my second wife 4 MONTHS before we married and it's been 11 years, go figure.

Cool Protect yourself - Wrap it and keep it in your pocket

People don't change very often.
    The Little darling will be throwing fits for years.
    It is a learned behaviour to manipulate you into getting what she wants.

If you have children, you will be on the hook for child support.
    Over 50% of marriages end in divorce.
    40% of fathers no longer see their children 4 years after divorce.
    You will pay child support until the child is grown even if you don't see the child.

It is a known fact that a woman needs 2 children to get enough money to live on. One is not enough.

If this girl does not get what she wants, she will continue down the road until she finds someone with enough money that she can ride forever.

Do not have children with this woman. You are in grave danger of losing your savings and your earning power for 20 year.

Been there, done that, don't have a t-shirt!

Page 1 of 3 123