585,556 active members*
3,557 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

citezen f25 pricing

Ok looking at a 1992 citezen f25 comes with bar feeder they are asking 16000 out of it
    Dose that sound fair?
    also are these reliable machines
    anything I need to lookout for
    this would be our first swiss cnc so any advice would be much appreciated

thankd

Re: citezen f25 pricing

What does the machine have with it. F machines require a tool setter, and what does it have for tooling, they require tool holders for both drills and turning tools. What kind of bar feeder does it have? $16,000 sound ok if it's in good shape and comes with some tooling. Collets and bushings, rotary guide bushing? Control? 1992 was one of the last years for F machines.

sorry been out
    so this is the machine I guess it dose not come with a bar feeder is this a problem ? can you run it with out one ? pics are here any help would be a big help also what kind of ? should i ask thanks
    CITIZEN SWISS CNC/SCREW MACHINE F25 1" bar capacity

I have for sale a Citizen Cincom F25 Swiss CNC turning center/screw machine is great condition. Machine has only ran cutting oil and has twin turrets all in which can be live tooling. I have a couple live tooling milling heads that go with the machine and some other tooling.

Here are some specs

Model: F-25

Year: 1990

Control system: Fanuc

Country of origin: Japan

Chuck size: collet mm

X axis travel: 210 mm

Z axis travel: 265 mm

C-axis travel: 190

C axis (milling axis): Yes

Spindle speed: 180-7000 rpm

Tool storage capacity: 10 pcs

ATC: Yes

Max cutting lenght: 202 mm

Spindle though hole dia.: 25.4 mm

Max drilling capacity: 12.7 mm

Spindle drive motor: 5.5 kW

Machine has had very light use.

I have all the service, operating, and programming manuals

You do need a bar feeder and a tool setter to set up and operate this machine properly, and they need to be the right ones for an F-25. It most likely had a single hydraulic bar feed on it. If you can get the tool setter and bar feeder with it the $10,000 is a fair price. If not it will be another $5000 to buy a bar feeder and tool setter if you can find one. Looks like the machine has a sub spindle also, you can do a lot with one of these machines.

Did you buy this machine yet?

no with out the bar feeder and no tool setter I think i will pass never ran one
    So not sure if you need them or not ?
    The bar feeder would be nice but I would think I could use a bar puller ?
    As fair as the tool setter I don't even know what it looks like or what it dose
    We have 5 cnc lathes and you just take a cut measure it and set it in your offsets
    I am looking for one but want to stay around the 10000 mark ready to go
    Don't have tons of work for one but have a couple jobs would be nice to run on one but then again never ran one I set up and program mills and lathes ever day though so kinda up in the air I was already to buy this one good thing I asked here about it I had no idea about the tool setter
    Thanks guys

I noticed the machine is for sale in Oregon, is that where your shop is?

Yes in hubbard oregon

Unless you know what you are doing you should probably stay away from that one. You can't run without a bar feeder. No matter what swiss you get. As for the presetter, you can't run swiss like a conventional. You have to put the cutting tool into a holder and then get it reasonably close to machine 0 before you run. I could do it, but I know swiss. You COULD do it but you are going to make a mess, and possibly junk your machine if you aren't careful. Swiss Lathes are awesome but the degree of difficulty is a lot higher. There are plenty of machines out there that don't require a presetter though. Check out some used Star's. Depending on the year/make/model you can get into one for a decent price and actually be able to make parts with it.

thanks for the input the salesman selling said you could run it with out both the setter and bar feeder but a am glade i asked on here
    i will keep mt eye open at star Swisses thanks

Well, to be fair you CAN do it. But you will get so discouraged that you will quit on the whole thing.

If you are in Oregon. Call Sue at Automatics. Tell her Ben at HSPM sent you. 800-543-7666

She will treat you right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD