585,753 active members*
4,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

OMG all the toolpaths!!!

Ok I am going out of my mind.

I need to cut some pc's for a RC plan kit.

I have them CAD in DXF and the run them in Mach 2 to convert to gcode.

Oh and between DXF and Mach 2 I converted to plotter in Corel.

When I convert the DXF to gcode I get like 50 or more tooth paths.

I ran the Sim and got 18 mins to cut a pcs that would take maybe 3 mins with a jig saw.

There are just to many tool paths. The pc is egg shaped with the center cut out. But the tool path runs a 1 inch cut then picks up goes to the top of the pc does the same then runs some where else all star shapped. I need it to drop once run the full inner circle, pick up and drop and route the out circle.

I need help

BTW I used corel draw to group the layers cause I thought the tooth path was picking up each line from each layer, I soon found out it did me no good.

Try drawing the inside and outside each as 1 continuous line. The star shapes are probably the rapid moves.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21
    Try drawing the inside and outside each as 1 continuous line. The star shapes are probably the rapid moves.
    If by rapid moves you mean when the z is moving to location without cutting, then yes thats the prob. The code has way to many rapid moves all in red in mach 2 in star shape.

Well I am not cading the parts so I would have no idea as how to make them continuous. All I know is corel and I have just started using it.

Is there some kind of program that I can load the gcode into and it will show the tool paths with all the rapid moves and I can edit the rapid moves?

Post your file here and I will backplot it, re-do the toolpath and let you try that.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

If you can post the DXF file that you have, I'll see if I can convert it to a more optimized G-Code.

Scott

Thanks guys.

I did work with it a bit and I got the rapid moves knocked out a lot. My prob now is its cuts the same lines one way then goes and cuts it again another way. lol

I am not sure how to post files?
    I will try.

Ok i think I got it but it would only allow me to up the dxf file.

I have a lot of patterns like this to do so I am looking for help on how to do this myself mostly as I am sure no one wants to do all these for me

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK, here's what I came up with. I had to load it into Rhino and convert it to an R12 DXF file so that I could bring it into NCPlot. But once in NCPlot, it's pretty simple to join the objects into a joined chain and convert to G-Code.

Regards,
    Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files